Jeb Bush loves Obama('s NSA surveillance)

[Permalink]

It’s surprising how rare the recognition is that, if you can get past how…pigmented he is about it, Obama is actually a pretty solid republican president.

3 Likes

No, he isn’t.

You have to change the definition of both “Democrat” and “Republican” to make that work. Elected Democrats aren’t are all that opposed to the NSAs actions. And there’s a long list of things Obama has done that no Republican would ever do.

Obama is a standard elected Democrat. Just like Clinton, just like Carter, just like LBJ, etc… They aren’t pacifists, or civil libertarians or SJWs. They’re on the left side of the center, because that’s what our political system is designed to put into the Presidency.

1 Like

I would call Obama a very typical “progressive”, in that everything is improved by more government involvement.

Bush’s statement is very telling, however, because as it is with most who aspire to make a career of politics, he also sees more government (survalliance, control, influence) as a good thing, despite labeling himself a Republican. (“The smaller government people”)

2 Likes

of course he does, whenever obama does something morally ugly the republicans wet themselves in their thrill to agree.

I’m with @fuzzyfungus. We don’t have a Democratic president, we have a moderate Republican president. Mr. Obama only seems slightly leftish in comparison to the Republican party, which is busy dragging us off the right edge of the world.

2 Likes

I thought it was Bush’s NSA surveillance? Did it become Obama’s in name after assuming office? (That really would explain why Republican’s keep calling the economic problems of the last few years “Obama’s”.)

1 Like

Of course it’s Obama’s - it’s unpopular. If people loved being spied upon, it would be called BoehnerCare and taught to school children. All bad things are caused by Democrats.

1 Like

Oh thank god.

Then, if he’s elected, that guarantees the media will get around to hammering the surveillance state constantly and lambasting him for violating our rights.

“which is the first obligation, I think of our national government is to keep us safe.”

“I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the
Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my
Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United
States.”

I’m sorry but this pisses me off to no end. The first obligation of the President of the United States is to protect and defend the constitution from enemies both foreign and domestic. That doesn’t mean sit in a rocking chair with a shotgun next to the constitution to make sure no one steals it.

I throw up in my mouth every time I hear a President talking about his priority to keep the country safe. NO NO NO!!! First defend the constitution. If what you plan to do to “Make America Safe” is unconstitutional, you are not doing your job as President.

Am I the only one who is repeatedly annoyed by this?

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.