Jeff Sessions asked Sally Yates in 2015 if she'd say no to 'improper' presidential orders

There is reason to be a lot more than just skeptical. Stephen Miller, Bannon’s lieutenant in the whitehouse, who took the lead on crafting the #muslimban was a top aide for Sessions - he was responsible for coordinating between Sessions and Breitbart to kill the “gang of 8” immigration reform by rabble-rousing against it. The #muslimban is essentially Sessions’s baby.

3 Likes

It’s not clear here that Sessions is the Trump nominee that’s waiting to be confirmed. Which is pertinent.

You guys seem confused, so I’ll make it simple for you.

Things that Democrats do are unlawful.

Things that Republicans do are lawful.

This is still true even if the Democrats and Republicans are doing the same thing. But since they don’t do the same thing, let’s keep dumbing it down:

If a majority of Republicans decide they don’t like what Democrats are doing, it’s unlawful.

HTH

4 Likes

How much you wanna bet that kid will grow up to be a security risk someday, thanks to this bullshit?

Sessions has yet to be confirmed, they should ask him the very same question, as well as whether or not he sees this executive order as unconstitutional.

7 Likes

nothing. I’d rather bet that he and his family have access to adequate mental health care - and sue the &*^& out of the folks responsible for this.

4 Likes

I just meant it as a joke, not an attack. Sorry!

5 Likes

I wonder if acting AG Dana “Big” Boente has even bothered shifting offices?

It might be interesting to flip the question: The administration has now made it clear they will fire anyone that disagrees with Trump. Based on this will you let the administration break the constitution without push back.

If he says he will push back, then why confirm someone that will be fired in no time. Or you get him to say he will not uphold the constitution.

5 Likes

Yes, that would make for an interesting line of questions for Sessions. Sessions is not an idiot and he’s very cagey. I’d guess that he’s spent a few minutes thinking though answers to questions like that. The bigger problem might be who is going to ask such rude questions? I can’t remember the last time I saw a confirmation hearing hang on the answers to congressional questions. In fact, answers to controversial questions are more likely to lead to “Well, I might disagree with you there but because that question is partisan just answering/not-answering is evidence of your competence.”

2 Likes

God Bless Sally Yates, the first martyr of the Resistance. I nominate her for a gold medal as a Hero of Conscience.

6 Likes

2 Likes

Understood!

1 Like

Ouch.

"To assume that just because of someone’s age and gender that they don’t pose a threat would be misguided and wrong.”

And here I was thinking that the US could not possibly sink any lower as far as “handcuffing children” is concerned.
Yuck.

3 Likes

Hypocrisy and doublethink. 1984, anyone? Anyone? 1984? Anyone?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.