Jeff Sessions rolling papers

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/03/03/jeff-sessions-rolling-papers.html

5 Likes

Curious. He’s a public figure, so this doesn’t fall under copyright (right?). Or could there be other implications here?

2 Likes

It would be covered by right of publicity, which is largely dependent on state rather than federal law. I suppose Sessions could try to sue on some sort of defamation theory, but it probably wouldn’t get very far.

4 Likes

You’d want to use the good stuff with that, not any old santorum.

19 Likes

he strikesme as more of a roll tide than a roll paper

1 Like

One of the Washington Swamp Roaches.

2 Likes

Ehr Mah Gerd! Could you imagine! He would get so much less uptight! Possibly that’s just wishful thinking… he might go all paranoid. I sure wish there was some way to switch the compassion on strong in that man. Ok, now I am rambling.

3 Likes

Well, I was thinking that since it isn’t “Jeff Sessions’ Rolling Papers,” it’s “Jeff’s Session Papers,” so the “session” is a smoke session and not officially a proper noun. And the caricature could be argued to be some generic dude named Jeff since it isn’t a real photo? Plus, yes, the precedents involving public figures being satirized by e.g. Mad magazine or SNL seem pretty solid?
Watching the Streisand Effect play out would be funny, though.

8 Likes

clearly that isn’t jeff sessions, It’s an elf named jeff.

6 Likes

Or a talking mongoose.

4 Likes

Awww heck, seems you can be one of the Alabama good ol’ boys, and you still get a rolling paper named after yew. Ain’t no justice here no mo’. (spits)

3 Likes

“Don’t Beauregard That Joint, My Friend.”

I lol’d. This should permanently replace “bogart”.

18 Likes

Blech- that’s not going near my mouth.

8 Likes

If the people who make these aren’t including coupons for Keebler cookies they’re totally missing out on a great co-marketing opportunity.

17 Likes

I recall someone from Australia mentioning that toking there was referred to as ‘having a session’, so g’day and good on ya!

4 Likes

Is Sessions even aware that people have been naming low-alcohol IPAs after him for several years now?

8 Likes

No chance of them getting audited by the IRS.

2 Likes

Think i’d rather have Jeff Sessions toilet paper or urinal cakes

6 Likes

Jeff Sessions toilet target practice. :eggplant::toilet:

1 Like

If I had a nickel for every time I’ve heard…uh…ahem…never mind.

1 Like