Jeffrey Epstein is dead of hanging in Manhattan jail, authorities say they failed to prevent suicide

If 20-30 people were willing to pay upwards of $50-100 million each into his offshore “hedge fund” to protect their secret, I can easily imagine a few of them pooling a few million more each to convince a few guards to say the right things to Epstein before taking a break from the suicide watch.

21 Likes

I doubt it would take a few million. Fifty grand would be more than enough for him to have been found to have killed himself by stabbing himself in the back with a butter knife.

18 Likes

It’s easy to imagine that he took one for the team knowing that his goose was cooked. Nobody will ever know why he did it, but there has to be some reason for it.

It’s not easy for me to imagine him having any sort of loyalty

14 Likes

Yeah, the 2016 election proved that the “Killary” meme was bullshit. (As if we didn’t know that already, but…)

3 Likes

Right? I don’t think one has to assume it wasn’t suicide to assume he did it to protect people.

1 Like

Why would someone who pleaded NOT GUILTY to all charges then go ahead and commit suicide?

The US and Russia are staedily becoming less distinguishable.

7 Likes

Cuz he knew “not guilty” wasn’t gonna work.

15 Likes

It’s also possible that he knew he was very likely going to be killed at some arbitrary date in the future and prefered the certainty of a date he set himself.

But I don’t know and won’t speculate on whether either scenario is more likely.

5 Likes

I mean it’s also possible he was one of these people who will do anything they can get away with without feeling remorse… until they get caught. Like now that you see there may be consequences for your actions you start suddenly having feelings.

14 Likes

Not that I want to see a man kill himself but, considering the overwhelming shadiness of the circumstances, pics or it didn’t happen that way. Surely, a camera was trained on that cell 24/7 for a man on suicide watch in such an enormously high profile case.

6 Likes

? I think it pretty obvious why…

is this a trick question?!?

4 Likes

He seemed to be a pretty social guy with lots of friends. If not a loyalty to any particular individual, a loyalty to his social class.

(Aaaaand, poof! There goes all the national attention that was being paid to the Nazi-ish ICE raid in Mississippi…)

28 Likes

7 Likes

giphy

31 Likes

They should have used a straight jacket, and how does one watch while one wraps something around their neck and not think hanging, I’d fire the watchers, obviously not doing their job if the case that he actually is still alive

1 Like

fraudsters and child molesters?

8 Likes

Rich fraudsters and child molesters.

7 Likes