Jeffrey Epstein is dead of hanging in Manhattan jail, authorities say they failed to prevent suicide

Jeff Epstein is wildly miscast as a “stand up guy” - self interest is his whole gig. Hell - omertà doesn’t even exist in la cosa nostra for the last 30 years. Jeffy? Hilarious.

9 Likes

I’d use scare quotes on the word “friends”. Guys like Epstein may be charming and able to fool people, but they see the people they associate with only in terms of how useful they are.

By all accounts, Epstein was only pretending to be a billionaire. He was still super wealthy, but when it comes to money these people operate with different assumptions than everyone else. Epstein saw them all, including supposed “friends” like Wexner, as cash cows and means to an end.

20 Likes

point is; there are no “friends”. these people have no “friends”, nor are they “loyal” to anyone ever. that is exactly why they are in the position where they are.

9 Likes

Give me a break. High profile prisoner on suicide watch who has dirt on probably dozens of very rich and powerful people kills self? Right. What a fucking load of bullshit.

I’m open to the possibility he killed himself and this was a fail. But I’m way more open to the possibility that he was killed.

6 Likes

Obligatory:

“Please excuse Epstein being late, as he was hit by the crosstown bus. Sincerely, Epstein’s mother”.

13 Likes

he was 66 years old with no future whatsoever.

7 Likes

Well, there’s still the pizza.

11 Likes

Yeah, I mean this was within a day or two after the scandal reaching the British royal family, a former U.S. senator and a former U.S. governor, with lots and lots more to come from the blackmail trove I expected. Before, it was what, a cabinet secretary and some local police? Seems like it was on the verge of metastacizing and taking out a very large tranche of the billionaire class. Something Had To Be Done. (It could still have been suicide but I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he had “help”.)

17 Likes

Nope. For Jeff, there was only Jeff. And then Jeff. And then people who could get Jeff what Jeff wanted. And then Jeff, again.

20 Likes

I used to stand suicide watch in a federal prison. If the procedures are the same at all federal prisons, it is impossible for him to have committed suicide if he was, in fact, on “suicide watch”. Someone watches the inmate 24/7, is not allowed to do anything but watch the inmate, and has to log the inmate’s actions, no matter how trivial, every 15 minutes.

57 Likes

I don’t know, I’d think a person would have to be very prudent in who they would invite to one of those parties where children are being exploited. I don’t see a person inviting just anyone to those events, they would invite only the ones they can trust. I think wicked people can have real friends. Birds of a feather…

Futurama__That%20Guy__80's%20guy%20on%20friendship

16 Likes

There’s also the whole business with Acosta and Barr (whose father was headmaster at Dalton when Epstein was a teacher messing around with the female students without consequence).

Point being, there are plenty of people involved here, not necessarily paedophile billionaires, who stand to be embarrassed by their connection to this case and who could also easily get their hands on the shift and assignment rosters at the Manhattan Correctional Center and pass them on to a paedophile billionaire.

I tend toward applying Hanlon’s Razor toward these situations in general, but everywhere you look with Epstein there are carloads of active and powerful malice.

21 Likes

Shit. What the campaign circus didn’t need, at all, is more wild conspiracy shit and more polarisation.

Screw this shitshow.
Also, just in case: suicide is not only no solution for you, but creates a hell lot of problems for other people as well.

26 Likes

If you’re whole gig is built on exploiting others - trust is not your watchword.

Having dirt on each other- sure. But that’s as far as it goes - once you’re not useful - you’re a threat.

14 Likes

There’s still millionaires and billionaires and prominent politicians (and “royals”) in several countries who don’t want there to be much more to the story. I really wonder how much more we’ll be able to know.

6 Likes

Yup. You’re either an asset or a liability.
And sometimes the switch comes just like that.

3 Likes

Thank you.

11 Likes

There’s really no polarization going on - there’s no “other side” supporting Jeff.

9 Likes

Yeah I was thinking of Acosta when I said cabinet secretary, but I’d forgotten about Barr. Anyway, I agree with your point.

2 Likes