Jeffrey Epstein pleads not guilty to sex trafficking charges in Manhattan federal court

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/08/jeffrey-epstein-pleads-not-gui.html

“He’s a lot of fun to be with,” Trump said of Epstein in 2002. “It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side.”

3 Likes
12 Likes

Don’t worry folks… JFK Jr will come through and clear Trump’s name in all this…

8 Likes

14 Likes

pleads not guilty - of course he does, the already convicted child raping sex trafficker is not guilty this time around, sure.

12 Likes

The Pizzgate people are coming out of the woodwork too, though; I’m seeing a lot of comments on other sites like, “Well Clinton traveled on the plane a lot, but Trump threw Epstein out of Mar-a-Lago for hitting on an underage girl; therefore Pizzagate!”

9 Likes

There do seem to be legitimate reasons to think that Alex Acosta might have made the most serious charges against Epstein “go away”, and to suspect that, if he did, he did it as a favor for certain powerful friends.

However, it’s less certain that Acosta’s present position is “payment for services rendered” for that specific act. He might just be a member in good standing of the GOP’s private swamp (which probably has a lot of overlap with the Democratic establishment’s own swamp), and the position might be simply his due as a leading swamp-dweller. So it’s unwise to assume that the Epstein indictment will necessarily lead back to Trump.

Although having said that, it seems pretty unlikely that DT wouldn’t have sampled what Epstein was offering. They were friendly, Trump’s documented behavior clearly shows that he likes young girls, and he’s constitutionally incapable of keeping it in his pants. If Epstein was selling, it’s hard to imagine that Trump wouldn’t have been interested in buying. The question is whether he actually did, and whether that can be proven.

8 Likes

Man, I just saw a Joaquin Phoenix film about child molester rings for the rich:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=44&v=k1APnf3Y_W8
If only these bastards met the same fate as those in the film.

2 Likes

As they say in those police procedurals: “known associates”…whew - some of those sure look like birds of a feather.

Epstein was a longtime acquaintance of Prince Andrew and Tom Barrack,[67] and has attended parties with numerous celebrities, such as Donald Trump,[68] Katie Couric, George Stephanopoulos, and Woody Allen.[69] In September 2002, Epstein flew Bill Clinton, Kevin Spacey, and Chris Tucker to Africa in his private jet.

5 Likes

“Today we need to change a guillotine blade.”

That says it all, really.

7 Likes

Does anyone honestly think for a moment that the rich & famous men who hitched rides on Epstein’s plane or spent time at his private island weren’t being supplied a bunch of young & trafficked people to fuck with impunity?

Are we supposed to believe that Clinton & Trump & Dershowitz et al were just such fans of his charm that they wanted to hang out with him? Goddamn these fucking fucks to hell.

10 Likes

The brain twisting logic that even though Hillary is not president, she still has such Machiavellian control over events that Trump, with his handpicked coterie of appointees, judges, etc, is the true victim.

5 Likes

te12nor%20(1)

2 Likes

Reporter Claims Vanity Fair Cut Details About Epstein’s Alleged Sexual Abuse in 2003

12 Likes
18 Likes

Thread:

9 Likes
13 Likes

As I said previously: on 6/7:

i actually sincerely believe that certain… elements… fanned the flames of pizzagate so that when real conspiracies come to light, people will roll their eyes and laugh.

kind of like how the russians fanned 9/11 conspiracy theories so that anyone who talks about who putin came to power through a series of FSB orchestrated apartment bombings sounds insane

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_apartment_bombings

9 Likes

Just about the only saving grace in all of this mess is that this story has been well known for a long time in certain circles, like the R. Kelly crimes. Folks in Florida have been talking about it for quite some time. Receipts dating back 20 years are all over the damn place.

Or maybe I’m just clinging to foolish optimism…

7 Likes

Well when you have a documented child sex ring in the highest ranks of society and constant actual disinformation campaigns from internal and external sources, then suggesting that one might make use of the other no longer belongs in the order of crackpot conspiracies. It’s just… Bleak.

7 Likes