Jen Psaki dismantles a male reporter questioning President Biden's support for women's right to choose

Thumbs-up.gif

2 Likes

If your exposure of the daily press briefing is these clips, I can see how it might feel that way. When viewed in full context it’s a conduit for the executive branch to broadcast what it feels is the most relevant narrative for that day and provide updates to ongoing issues. It also serves as opportunity for members of the press to directly question the executive through their representative.

You’re right it is just teevee, but this discourse is also the foundation of our democracy. Competing ideas being discussed, sometimes heatedly.

I love hearing talking points get slapped downed by a seasoned professional.

9 Likes

If you’ve only seen the “greatest hits” here, it can seem that way, but the press conferences are pretty informative if you watch in their entirety. Most of the room are adults asking serious questions, and the Press Secretary gets into some pretty detailed answers.

14 Likes

jinks :wink:

2 Likes

Exodus, Chapter 21, Verse 22-23: “If people are fighting and hit a pregnant woman and she gives birth prematurely but there is no serious injury, the offender must be fined whatever the woman’s husband demands and the court allows. But if there is serious injury, you are to take a life for a life.”

According to the Bible: not murder.

2 Likes

This automatically marks the source as worthy of being ignored, of course.

4 Likes

When I was a teenager, phil donoghue or summat had on a group of separatist lesbians. Someone in the audience stood up to ask a question, but began with, “The bible says…”

One of the women immediately cut them off, stating, “We don’t believe the stories the little boys tell.”

I only wish I’d seen that (or similar) when my age was still in single digits. It’s an important lesson.

11 Likes

They aren’t. It’s merely a convenient soapbox to stand on, like “Think About The Children.”

Uh oh. Jen seems to have lost composure for the first time and pulled an ad hominem. I project that the general messed upness of our climate-crumbling “Do mess with Texas Uteri” apocalyptic world is weighing on her too.

Wow, she was on FIRE in that thread! until i got to the tweedle where she says men cannot get women pregnant without orgasm. Not true. But otherwise a great wham bam thank you ma’am!

Yes, there are motile sperm in the pre-ejaculate fluid, but the count is much lower and resulting pregnancies are rare. But possible.

2 Likes

Obviously any male whose opinion is asked, but that’s going to be friends, family, etc and change on a case my case basis. Not her doctor? Not asked for your opinion? Best keep that mouth shut.

2 Likes

‘Say-so’ is one thing; an opinion is quite another.
As we both know, anti-abortionists are hell-bent on denying women the autonomy of their own bodies, and that’s a big hell no! in my book.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.