Jen Psaki dismantles a male reporter questioning President Biden's support for women's right to choose

Originally published at: Jen Psaki dismantles a male reporter questioning President Biden's support for women's right to choose | Boing Boing

11 Likes

“fuck off, next question”

39 Likes

Psaki is great but this whole White House daily press conference thing is stupid: “reporters” asking carefully crafted gotcha questions of a person whose only job is to deflect the questions. How is this “news” or “journalism”?

It’s just teevee.

19 Likes

The medium is the message, right?

Edited for spelling

7 Likes

What I don’t get is why members of an organization declared successfully by lawyers in court to be an entertainment outlet – Fox “News” – are even allowed in that room.

40 Likes

I get real tired of Republicans wanting to govern based off of religion. That’s not how this is supposed to work.

31 Likes

Yep. We’re supposed to have separation of church and state in the US, but sadly, she “can’t” say anything like that in response to such questions.

18 Likes

EWTN, “the global catholic network”

Never heard of it. I’m sure it’s as “global” as Bill Donohue’s Catholic League was the “voice of American Catholicism”.

9 Likes

Damn right!
I fail to see why any male should have any say-so in the matter {except possibly the doctor, of course].

10 Likes

Imagine if anyone of this lady’s caliber still existed to keep the professional liars in check.

WH Journalism these days appears limited to “gotcha” questions or mere stenography that maintains access to ask vapid questions.

13 Likes

The Catholic Church opposes capital punishment too but you never seem to hear Republicans bring that up.

33 Likes

Verbally kicked him in the nuts, Gosh I like that.

13 Likes

I

I think I’d refresh that to say “where his nut’s should be”. I doubt it’s a target rich area with that lot of right wing puppets.

6 Likes

My facepalming these days is reaching Simone Giertz levels of “face-slapping alarm clock”.

11 Likes

They’re not all "‘reporters’ asking carefully crafted gotcha questions.’ There is also a bunch of real reporters asking real questions. And all the reporters are answered by Psalki, not attacked by an Indignant Trump Spokesface. With so much going on right now, NOT having a daily press conference would be stupid.

17 Likes

It’s there with all the other god botherers’ channels which you block.

None of the pseudo-journalists should get any time, let alone admittance to the room.

12 Likes

I seem to remember from catechism class that lying is a sin too. It’s even right there in the 10 Commandments. Never seems to enter into the discussions.

16 Likes

Per Wikipedia: “As of August 2020, EWTN Radio is affiliated with 384 stations in the United States and more than 500 stations globally.” It’s also on Sirius XM Radio, and the TV version is on cable systems and Roku.

5 Likes

Good points. Guess I’m distracted by the drama too.

4 Likes

Jen should send that reporter this Twitter thread:

18 Likes