Jen Psaki drops her bomb on Donald Trump as she mocks his bogus defense (video)

Originally published at: Jen Psaki drops her bomb on Donald Trump as she mocks his bogus defense (video) | Boing Boing

12 Likes

… or stupider.

6 Likes

I love her, the surgical precision she uses to slice and dice morons and manages to convey that incredible pleased with herself grin without cracking a smile, that skill is at the level of fine art. Never would I want her coming after me. Jen Psaki has my utmost respect.

20 Likes

Logic DOES NOT work. Carry on.

9 Likes

This!

As a society we can debate how we got to a situation where logic does not work, but to fix it we have to figure out a way to deal with people on whom logic does not work and to whom logic is a conspiracy against them and theirs.

6 Likes

People wonder why Trump was keeping all of this information. Was he hoping to keep it as leverage over people or to sell it? The talking heads on the news programs don’t seem to think so. They think he has such a fragile ego that he kept these documents to show off to people and prove that he was still special despite losing the election. It would be bad if he was a knowing agent of the Russians, Chinese or whoever, and he still might be, but it is worse that he’s just a “useful idiot” who can be manipulated by Roger Stone, or any foreign government that is willing to stroke his ego. Kim Jong Un wrote him “love letters” so he met with North Korea. He showed the Russian ambassedor and foreign minister a highly classified document to prove that he was legit. We’ve been living in crazy town since 2016.

3 Likes

Every accusation is a confession.

Trump doesn’t understand that the action alone is not what get people into trouble but the obstruction.

1 Like

For most individuals, psychological therapy would be indicated.

For a society, I believe, it has never been demonstrated to work. L

2 Likes

In this case, an emotional appeal to core beliefs might work.

An ad repeating Trump saying “No one is above the law” would do that. An ad with Trump saying “but her emails” wouldn’t work because it requires logic. But “No one is above the law” is a foundational American belief that is fairly deeply ingrained.

7 Likes

thanks for this. it is nice to see that i’m not the only one who has realized that debating conservatives is futile when they have so many tactics at their disposal to avoid the actual discussion. i have always wondered why boingboing bothers with this waste of time. don’t get me wrong, i love jen. but this posting did little to move the needle in either direction. if pointless political banter is what boingboing wants to drive traffic, clicks, ads and revenue, then that’s that.

1 Like

I have too much respect to enjoy seeing her doing this. It all feels just a little Andy Rooney. When she drops the bomb that she is running for office, put me in the blast zone!

See, what Jen doesn’t understand is his little bit of good ol’ NYC subterfuge. He said he would enforce all “lors”, not “laws”. There’s a difference and it works the same way as declassifying documents in his mind. Fifth Avenue, baby!

2 Likes

Most of these quotes from Trump are actually listed in the indictment, too. The indictment points out the hypocrisy.

6 Likes

You’ve been coming here how long? And you think BB does posts like this one in order to debate conservatives?

Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

10 Likes

I love Jen, but I think I love her more when she’s bandying answers to the endless stupidity of conservative questions in the press room. She seems far less stiff when she’s unscripted and talking off the cuff, a true master of the form.

As for this argument, well yes, of course. She’s not the first to point all this out and won’t be the last, and the right will still scratch their asses and say “but Hillary’s email and Biden’s documents!” Because nuance is beyond their mindless need to support their team, even when they are criminal imbeciles.

1 Like

It’s a narcissistic compulsion, to decry a behaviour by someone else and then turn around and gratuitously and blatantly engage in the same behaviour to an even greater degree. I’m not sure what motivates it – perhaps a show of supposed superiority to others – but I’ve seen it before when the stakes were much lower.

3 Likes

rootin’ tootin’ vladi putin doubtless put him up to it. There’s never been a single original thought in that addled pate.

1 Like

Personally, I wish the professionals would quit with all the speculation. Main point: it doesn’t matter what his motives were. :woman_shrugging:t2: He took the documents, he obstructed them being reclaimed, he showed them to people without the proper clearance. They should be hammering on those points. ‘Round. The. Clock.

5 Likes

Saoirse Ronan Bingo GIF by A24

7 Likes

Right?!? Those are indisputable facts.
It’s as if all the speculation is some attempt to make people realize how scary and dangerous his actions were, but it’s not going to convince any of his die-hard supporters. Anyone who needs convincing at this point is essentially beyond reach.

5 Likes