Jesse Watters bemoans "cruel" punishment of forcing Trump to sit in court: "he needs sunlight"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/23/jesse-watters-bemoans-cruel-punishment-of-forcing-trump-to-sit-in-court-he-needs-sunlight.html

13 Likes

He’s describing him like he’s a toddler. Which, well, ok, i guess not that far off, but still…

38 Likes

harrison-ford-who-gives-a-shit

19 Likes

There was a simple way to avoid this torment…

Jim Carrey Stop Breaking The Law Asshole GIF by Jerology

29 Likes

Decades-long criminal Dementia Don gets to roam free, rage-post from the toilet all night long, eat fast food for lunch breaks from his court appearances, nap during them, and crop dust the room with his toxic episodes of flatulence. So not what Wattersports claims.

6 Likes

I’ve really only read about him here, but Watters seems a bit of a dingus.

13 Likes

If Watters thought the court system is too hard on accused people and ought to be reformed, I would be for it. But somehow it’s only ever too harsh for their people. I wonder if there’s some kind of maxim about that. :thinking:

28 Likes

From the X post:

Watters: Trump needs exercise.

True, but you think he would exercise if he wasn’t in the courtroom? If you believe that, I’ve got a million square foot apartment available in Trump Tower to rent to you.

He’s usually golfing

using a golf cart; I wouldn’t call swinging a club at a ball then hopping back on your cart to drive the distance that the ball flew that strenuous a workout.

and you’re going to put a man who’s almost 80 sitting in a room like this on his butt for all that time? It’s not healthy.

Agreed, but if he wasn’t in the courtroom what do you think he’d be doing? Likely sitting on his ass with his phone in his hand.

He needs sunlight. He needs activity.

Agreed, but again what about Trump’s history makes you think he’d do anything but sit around posting rants of varying coherence (from mildly incoherent to completely deranged) if he wasn’t in the courtroom?

It’s really cruel and unusual punishment

Fine. You know what? How about the judge lets Trump out of the courtroom provided that he participates in an outdoor fitness boot camp while court is in session? I’d give him 5-10 minutes before he collapsed in a Trumper tantrum.

22 Likes

It’s just awful that incurring some fairly serious charges means briefly enduring conditions as good as those cube farm peons spend a career in; better than those of the ‘open plan’ hells; and overwhelmingly better than those of the sorts of jobs with occupational hazard numbers.

23 Likes

Speaking of Tromp in court, I notice that the go-to image for news orgs during this trial is one of him sitting in court, looking all serious and sour.

But, aren’t cameras not allowed in this trial, which is why we get the usual shitty drawings of witnesses on the stand? Aren’t these standard, constantly used photos of a glowering Tromp sitting in court from some earlier effort to make him face justice?

10 Likes

How about “Justice means just us”?

11 Likes

Poor weak ineffective Trump. These are his twilight years. Don’t you feel bad for him? Just let him be dictator! Just one day man! Heartless!!! /s

16 Likes

I think they can take pictures prior to the court being in session? Just not while it’s in session.

10 Likes

the orange menace seems to have lots of “needs.” sounds like jesse is describing a snowflake.

14 Likes

“He needs sunlight”.

Why? Does he photosynthesize?

33 Likes

Yeah, he also needs to be watered day and night and sprayed with manure.

18 Likes

JW misspoke. Vampires don’t do well in sunlight.

9 Likes

This one really got me, at the tail end of the video:

and any time he moves, they threaten to throw him in prison.

What is that even about?

13 Likes

Say that out loud for those in the cheap seats! Your audience needs to get the fuck up and walk out in the real world.

Delighted that right wing news channel is suddenly waking up to the evils of incarceration though. /s

12 Likes

Trump’s criminality 100% needs sunlight.

23 Likes