Jesse Watters has an explanation for why the red wave didn't happen

Originally published at: Jesse Watters has an explanation for why the red wave didn't happen | Boing Boing

7 Likes

You got that right.

13 Likes

Faux has to offer some explanation for what happened. They just gave Watters a whole bunch of old talking points to throw at the wall like so much rancid spaghetti in order to see what sticks with the dopey suckers who watch the channel.

20 Likes

Well, it doesn’t help that the GOP only uses guys like this for their gen y & z outreach

https://www.instagram.com/p/CkMmdgChSiV/?hl=en

4 Likes

Hmm, what could young, single women possibly have against the Republican Party these days? It’s just so weird. I guess it’s a mystery we may never be able to solve.

55 Likes

There isn’t the same hate for a white man as there is for a woman and a black man.

I’m sure there must be words to describe that…

This is Fox News expressing frustration that they were unable to leverage misogyny or racism in this election.

42 Likes

21 Likes

The Big Lebowski Whatever GIF

3 Likes

Economy was a big topic but the Rs platform evolved around hate rather than solutions.

15 Likes

The reality of “Urban America” is that when people of diverse creeds and colors live close to each other they start to see through the dog whistle ‘fear your neighbor’ bullshit.

24 Likes

Because Republicans have NOTHING. No agenda beyond white supremacy and kleptocracy.

It does them no good to talk about a flagging economy when you have given no stated plans as to how to revive it.

It does them no good to inflame voters about crime when the highest violent crime is in Republican run places

The only thing they have is voter suppression, hate, panic and tribalism.

23 Likes

There’s just not the hatred for Joe Biden that there is for Barack Obama and the Clintons.

Gosh, what could be true of Biden that isn’t true of Obama or Hillary Clinton, and seems important to Republican voters. Wow. That’s a head scratcher.

18 Likes

We have a problem demographically. Single women are voting for women by 37 points.

What a tortured way to say “women are pissed the USSC overturned Roe v Wade.”

And even that is slowly diminishing as a tactic to hold onto power.

In a moment of clarity and honesty after the 2012 shellacking, Lindsey Graham said “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

14 Likes

Because his goal was to stigmatize women, not given an explanation for the election outcome.

16 Likes

Of course it was. Unfuck these assholes and their wet dream of repealing the 19th amendment.

He and his ilk personifies Ms. Cole’s third verse:

(Btw, thank you for introducing me to my newest favorite song.)

Actually naming the reason would be admitting a mistake, which implies a correction is needed, which would piss off white Evangelicals, because they don’t want to admit women are full human beings capable of self determination.

So of course it’s back to the tired old tropes about single wimin. Бл@т

(Added quote for clarity of response)

15 Likes

The Republican Beatles, “All you need is hate; hate is all you need.”

9 Likes

At the end of the day Jesse’s arguing that there’s not enough hate in this country.
[or at least the type he traffics in]

8 Likes

that’s because for the people who REALLY matter in the Republican Party, the “economy” (i.e. corporate profits) are just peachy. For peons the “economy” (consumer goods prices) is bad, but who cares about the poors, really.

6 Likes

Agreed. Fury over substance has been the game plan ever since birther. Remember trumpy’s day 1 health care plan that was a mound of blank paper?

5 Likes

Remember the Q-nut theory that Biden couldn’t have won because his rallies were so poorly attended?

Is Watters admitting Americans came out in record numbers in 2020 to “hate-vote” Trump out of office?

6 Likes