Jewish human rights scholar: yes, America has built concentration camps

He’d only care if CBP was knocking on his own door. As long as it’s [brown folk|liberals|muslims], they’re perfectly fine with it.

7 Likes

Kids dying or being molested, he’s okay with that. The UN ensuring that doesn’t happen - he loses his shit.

WTF is wrong with people…

10 Likes

Yes, 50 years ago we had the 60s scoop and it was awful and we need to make reparations.

Currently we have serious and ongoing issues with insitutionalized racism, particularly against First Nations peoples. Until 1996 we still had residential schools - the last one was in MY TOWN, unbeknownst to me, a fact which I am continually astonished and ashamed to admit.

Those are all true. Also true - the US is putting families into concentration camps at the border right now, as I type this and you practice your whataboutism game. The US separates children from their families, and some of those children have died, away from their parents with nobody helping them. Fuck that, my kids are not going to have that experience and I am not going somewhere that inflicts that on other kids.

8 Likes

All I said was that I am not going to visit the US, because it is a country that takes children away from their families at the border and puts them in camps. I am hopefully contributing to resolving Canada’s issues, but not much I can do about the US other than refuse to support or participate.

5 Likes

The Detention Centers are not just at the border. They are all over the country. Here’s one in my part of USA. The C. Carlos Carreiro Immigration Detention Center in Dartmouth MA.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.