Jill Stein is a fearmongering crank who thinks Wi-Fi harms children's brains

Still, vaccines should be treated like any medical procedure–each one needs to be tested and regulated by parties that do not have a financial interest in them.

Such as the hundreds of scientists at the NIH? Or is every single one of them beholden to corporate masters? If you go one step down that road, there is no possible evidence that will change your position. You may as well be a young-earth creationist.

14 Likes

Yeah, well, it actually does beat the alternative.

Nobody really wants a nation run by the Greens. But they would provide a great balance on the other party (the Republocrats).

4 Likes

No “too” about it, I already said I own and use a cellphone to preclude exactly your sort of smear, there. Sorry, I’m not the flat-earther or the Luddite you are apparently looking for.

Personally, I’m a fan of ‘Repuglicans’ and ‘Democrits’.

visible light pollution is enormously disruptive to human and natural systems.

5 Likes

but it doesn’t cause cancer. hives. or whatever they say wifi causes.

2 Likes

Nobody said hives, that’s just mockery of a serious fact you apparently aren’t aware of/ don’t wish to be aware of. The mockery leads me to assume the latter.

2 Likes

No, no it isn’t. The only controversy over cell phones is between science and hysteria.

9 Likes

That is a different thing. They say the radiation causes sickness… well if it did then so would going outside where you are awash in fm, am, uhf, vhf, visible light… and things that do actually harm you like UV.

4 Likes

Not sure what you’re getting at here by presenting this. The authors of this study make it clear that the observed increase in incidence of carcinogenesis is a downstream effect of a very complicated cascade of physiological events, not a direct consequence of light exposure.

Night shift work is also associated with a greatly increased risk and incidence of depression, which itself has several deleterious effects, including the shortening of telomeres, which act as a buffer against carcinogenesis secondary to transcription errors.

3 Likes

Look, there are things going through the air, okay? I know they’re there, you know they’re there. It’s not a mystery, believe me. And they’re controlling people maybe, who am I to say they aren’t? But people are dying, and the things are going through the air and doctors don’t know why these people are dying, so it must be something, okay? But I know the best people: doctors, brain people, internet people, signals-through-the-air people, and I’ll get them together and we’ll build a wall and it’ll be terrific.

21 Likes

Of course not every one of them, and Stein doesn’t believe that vaxxer stuff either.
Her point is that SOME PEOPLE do. Not you, not me, not her.

And THOSE PEOPLE are refusing to get their kids vaccinated, and a thorough vetting of the process may be necessary to convince THOSE PEOPLE to trust their doctors, the CDC, NIH, et cetera. That vetting will probably be simple in most case, but appearance is important to some people. Just one corporate shill in an organization is enough to make some people (not you or me, of course :slight_smile: ) distrust it.

2 Likes

Jill Stein pandering to anti-vaxxers: “As a medical doctor of course I support vaccinations. I have a problem with the FDA being controlled by drug companies.”

8 Likes

Keep in mind, she’s a medical doctor. She knows vaccines work. She knows there’s no danger from WiFi. So she’s either 1) A terrible doctor or 2) Deliberately handwaving.

Notice that Bernie’s response to vaccines can be paraphrased as ‘They work. Next question.’ Which also happens to be the correct answer. The fact that she won’t give the correct answer says a lot.

17 Likes

Try the answer she gave that was quoted in the comment directly above yours: “As a medical doctor of course I support vaccinations. I have a problem with the FDA being controlled by drug companies.”

Please. If you followed the link you would have found it.

5 Likes

I’m getting at how oversimplified the comment I was responding to struck me as.

By all means, refute what I’ve said with counterarguments, but let us recall what I was responding to, which isn’t what you said.

radiation does cause sickness.

Let’s not legislate for the LD50 effect.

1 Like

I guess I’ll let you two settle it, then.

1 Like

And maybe she knows enough about them, and some of the ancillary issues, that to her, “they work” is not a sufficient answer. (And yes, part of that is the message she’s trying to convey.)

And just because she’s a doctor doesn’t mean she know everything about medicine. I personally know some doctors who will always error on the side of caution, and if there’s even a hint of some avoidable potential hazard they will advise against it. Like I said, I’d be more interested in whether her position changes with more/better evidence.

2 Likes

gah. see the chart above. anything above visible light can and will cause cancer by damaging cell tissue.
wifi is not in that part of the spectrum. your article about visible light is not direct cell damage but our biological clocks getting messed up and there it doesn’t cause cancer just makes it harder for our body to fight it off that is not the same thing.

your router, your cell phone, etc and the radiation from them will not make you sick or cause cancer.

7 Likes