Jim Jordan loses first house speaker vote

Gym needs to consult a medical professional about his case of electile dysfunction .

5 Likes

It’s another instance of the fallout from access journalism, with an adfitional understanding of GOP vindictiveness.

7 Likes

The second round of voting just started a minute ago and there’s no indication that Jordan has changed enough minds yet. He already lost 4 Republican votes and they’re only up to the “C’s” so far.

7 Likes

Remember the good ole days when at least traditional mundane procedures worked?

Now they’re considering this…

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4261514-jordan-failure-renews-calls-to-give-powers-to-mchenry/

2 Likes

So at least a couple members who had voted for Jordan yesterday have flipped and voted for someone else in this round, so it looks like he’s probably going to lose by a larger margin than last time.

ETA: final tally is Jeffries 212, Jordan 199, others 22.

9 Likes

so… the democrats take the house, right?

Amy Schumer Oscars GIF by The Academy Awards

( eta: to be clear, i know they don’t. but i know they should )

7 Likes

Any word on when he’s pushing the next vote?

2 Likes

… if McHenry can get the votes to become de facto Speaker then why isn’t he running for de jure Speaker :confused:

3 Likes

he wasn’t voted in. when speakers are elected they create a secret list of people to replace them in the event they can’t serve. mchenry was at the top of mccarthy’s list. ( it’s a mc thing, apparently )

2 Likes

caitlin-doughty-■■■■■

2 Likes

23 hours? Wow, that was way slower than your usual! :rofl: :joy: :laughing: :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

… surely granting him extra Super Cow Powers as “speaker pro tempore” will require the same majority it would take to just make him Speaker :confused:

5 Likes

I always liked this one from @FGD135 too:

MWH__■■■■■__FGD135

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.