Jim Jordan loses first house speaker vote

Originally published at: Jim Jordan loses first house speaker vote | Boing Boing

4 Likes

I feel like even when electing a speaker that the House Republicans are driving trollies

Why is the auto correct changing the word t r o l l i n g to the ‘driving trollies’? And why won’t it let me override it?

2 Likes

No fan of McCarthy but January 7 through October 3 is more than “a few weeks.”

11 Likes

From NBC:

16 Likes

There is a way to write “trolling”, a way known only to TL33 Leaders (and their spouses and close friends) but don’t worry, your meaning was clear.

12 Likes

(Rubs eyes) Is Gym is wearing a coat?

6 Likes

Jordan has Trump’s and Kevin McCarthy’s full support - what could possibly go wrong?

4 Likes

I kinda like “driving trollies”!

5 Likes

@beschizza Jordan only received 200 votes in this round, not 212. Jeffries won 212.

(In comparison, McCarthy won 203 votes in the first round back in January)

12 Likes

Fair enough.

5 Likes

You Are A Wizard GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

6 Likes

15 Likes

4 Likes

You have to admire the Republican logic that says “We’ll PROVE we’re not dysfunctional by electing an insurrectionist idiot that half of us loathe to an important office as a show of unity! (eventually)”

10 Likes

Anybody can use the words trolling and moist if they really try.

9 Likes

Wait for it…

4 Likes

perhaps a sign that no one in the gop is taking their dysfunction seriously enough.

i listen to npr a bunch on my old timey radio devices, and i’ve been seriously disappointed by their coverage.

while they have regular stories about the speakership vote, i have yet to hear a single one where jordan’s political stances, his support of the insurrection, his history in the house, or the sexual abuse has had any air time

i get that “horse race” articles are easier to write, but i think they ( and much of the rest of media ) have really been failing to educate people about the stakes

14 Likes

Yeah, the writing was on the wall when NPR refused to treat Trump with the appropriate level of horror, revulsion and disgust in 2015. I haven’t been back once ever since.

10 Likes

Cool, cool, Republicans might just manage to vote an insurrectionist into the Speaker of the House job. Keeping proving your entire party is completely rotten, guys! It clearly demonstrates you’re a continuing danger to the democracy of the United States to any voters paying attention.

9 Likes

Happy Anniversary GIF by Sesame Street

8 Likes