Jim Jordan pops back into the speaker race like a mole underneath a mallet

Too much meat and not enough vegetables (fries don’t count as vegetables)

So do his colleagues, apparently. Twelve years in Congress and no one has heard of him. This is the only image I could find:

As a tabula rasa on which anyone can write their vision for America, I’d say his chances are pretty good.

4 Likes

Thus proving that it isn’t just cream that rises to the top.

I was listening to CNN in the car this afternoon and heard this idiot. He said removing the speaker was a bipartisan failure.

2 Likes

It’s an article of faith that they’re going to continue trying to push, because the Democrat party :tm: is always bad, so they must be to blame. Hopefully, CNN and other outlets will keep pushing back on that, and maybe grow a spine and push back on lots more of the GOPs evil shit.

3 Likes

6 Likes

Feature not bug. The GOP is a lost cause and has been for a while

3 Likes

sassy alcohol GIF

Wait… who did someone just say… and now someone said Scalise… Garcia… Zeldon? Another McCarthy… another scalise… and another one!

Dj Khaled GIF by Music Choice

8 Likes

Jordan has lost 9 Republican votes so far so he’s on track to lose this first round of voting.

3 Likes

Another Scalise! And a Mccarthy! And a Zeldon!

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

A couple of folks have not shown up for work today…

More McCarthy-ites!

5 Likes

At least two Zeldins so far, and he’s not even a current member of Congress.

3 Likes

Is Nancy Mace still wearing her A shirt?

Another Scalise!

Also, I’m unsure why there were 2 Jefferies votes that got a standing ovation, or that Jordan vote? :thinking:

Another scalise…

Someone on the Democratic side just made some controversial comments…

Another scalise…

4 Likes

Marylou from Ohio had something to say about Jordon…

Ouch! Marylou. :+1:

3 Likes

Vote is over, 20 Republicans voted against Jordan.

Edit to add: had to correct that number because they hadn’t checked for the earlier missed votes yet.

Back in January, on the first round of voting, McCarthy got 203 votes and 19 Republicans voted for other people. This time Jordan got 200 votes and 20 Republican voted for others. Wonder if we’ll beat McCarthy’s record of 15 rounds of voting before a winner?

4 Likes

Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

Get Bent Jordan, you insurrectionist POS…

Emmer? :thinking: cole? :thinking: McCarthy! :laughing: Massey? :thinking:

5 Likes

Bueller? Bueller?

2 Likes

Appears they’re in recess now…

3 Likes

He’s probably offering to strip out SNAP funding among other shady cruel things.

1 Like

Gym should be in detention, at the very least in the principal’s office.

If by detention you mean jail, then yeah…

2 Likes