Jimmy Kimmel Live! mashes up Obama's Bin Laden speech with the Trump al-Baghdadi circus

Obama has a lot more charisma and is better at acting “serious statesman” on TV, but if you look at what he did…

The fake vaccination program used to find bin Laden got doctors killed as suspected US agents and pushed back the effort to eradicate polio. The “double tap” operations where they first launched a missile at some suspects, waited, and then launched another as people rushed in to help any survivors were atrocities.

9 Likes

Every time I see stuff like this, I remember that there are millions of people for whom Trump’s know-nothing style is a feature, not a bug. He’s the worst, but only because we Americans gave him so much power. Ugh.

2 Likes

Every time I hear Dolt 45 speak, I want to shout STFU! It just gets worse the longer he goes on.

2 Likes

MORE! And how do we get this crowdfunded on to every TV channel’s news bulletin’s ad breaks?

Assuming that because people are laughing at something means that they aren’t taking it seriously is akin to saying that a joke can’t be criticized because it’s “just” comedy. Mockery is one of the best ways of deposing despots and it has the social utility of both easing individual’s stress and signaling to the community that the one being mocked is acting out of bounds of society’s strictures.

8 Likes

Hell to the Chief.

Remember when Obama laughingly joked about sending drones after anyone who tries to date his daughter? Much better comedic timing than Trump, better written material all around. I still wasnt laughing.

Life is Beautiful was objectively funny, despite being set in a concentration camp. The writers made it very clear who we were to laugh at, and who we were to laugh for. Its the kind of challenge Mel Brooks addressed when he made The Producers.

Kimmel is no Brooks, he’s no Benigni. And he’s not poking fun at the American tendancy towards international cowardice.

ya, you pulled me out of my stupor–thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.