Trump says clips of Muslims cheering 9/11 exist because other people have seen them

[Read the post]

Its true, I have a friend whose uncle knows someone who saw those clips. They watched them with slender man and bigfoot. My friend has a very good memory.

31 Likes

7 Likes

Trump has hundreds of people he could task to source this footage. He could easily pay for it.

Has the Trump been Stumped? ™

5 Likes

can we start a petition for an involuntary commitment for a psychological evaluation?

11 Likes

“We’re an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you’re studying that reality—judiciously, as you will—we’ll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that’s how things will sort out. We’re history’s actors … and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do.” - Karl Rove

Trump’s just following the same pattern.

14 Likes

I think it’s obvious that Trump misunderstood the same footage we all saw of Palestinians cheering in Gaza, but his gigantic ego can’t process the concept that he might be wrong. Now combine this with his supporters who have been weaned on Fox News re-imagining reality on a daily basis, and of course we have “confirmation.”

I think what someone needs to do is gaff up a fake video to sting Trump with. Take that Gaza footage, put the caption “Muslims in Jersey City on 9/11” with some voice over of a fake journalist, and present it to Trump: “is this the footage you saw?” Chances are he’ll confirm it. Then you point out it’s fake. Donald Trump deserves no better.

29 Likes

72 hour hold required before being electable? I don’t see a problem with that.

2 Likes

Actually I remember those clips. I’m no follower of Trump but recall them clearly, they were carried widely in the UK and US media.

The ones I saw weren’t American Moslems but in the PA and other places that have cause to celebrate bad things in America. It should not shock anyone that people who hate the USA were pleased at 9/11,

It’s sad that the attacks on Trump are of such low quality, several people on BB seem to have selective memories, frankly in this respect they are no better than Trump.

3 Likes

Triangle Man told me in 1986 that it would happen. Then it did because He told me it would. So it must be true.

2 Likes

They wouldn’t allow it on Twitter if it wasn’t true.

8 Likes

I haven’t watched the interview so forgive me for wondering if this follow-up question was asked:

Even if footage of some people celebrating does exist does that justify treating a large number of people as guilty until proven innocent solely because they belong to one of the world’s major religions?

17 Likes

Cool, so this means I can vote for Bigfoot.

8 Likes

It’s unfortunate that it isn’t printed in the headline or the article, but the quote from Trump being questioned in the accompanying video is in regard to American Muslims celebrating the attacks. I believe Trump referenced them being in Jersey City.

The footage you remember was shot by CNN in Palestine.

13 Likes

That gif is seriously creepy :open_mouth:

I was in Jersey City on 9/11, no one was cheering. No one.

16 Likes

I agree, a very quiet afternoon in every bar that day.

2 Likes

I suspect this is memories of the crowds of Palestinians celebrating the 9/11 attacks, which they most certainly did. Most of the Muslim world condemned the attacks, including ‘arch nemesis’ Iran (who held a candlelight vigil and moment of silence), but Palestinians that were polled by Fafo (a Norwegian agency) had a 65% approval rating for terrorist attacks on the US. http://fafo.no/~fafo/media/com_netsukii/pal-opinion-Dec05-tables.pdf Table 2.22(2)

7 Likes

Considering how plastic and fallible memory is, I have no doubt people would swear on their children’s lives they saw such a clip. They probably saw something from somewhere else and a clip from New Jersey, and their mind melded it together.

Hand to God, I distinctly remember Jagaroth being revealed on Doctor Who and thought he was RED. Later when I re-looked up that episode, I found out he was GREEN.

14 Likes

When I heard that portion of Trump’s speech, I assumed he was mistaking footage from Palestine with imaginary footage from NJ. I am impressed how it is required not only that we point out that he was wrong about the source, but that we must now deny that any such footage ever existed. I guess if we keep repeating that there was never any footage of Muslims cheering 9/11, eventually it will become something like true. Not objectively, factually true, but true in the sense that nobody would dare say that such a thing ever existed, for fear of being mocked and shamed.