Trump says clips of Muslims cheering 9/11 exist because other people have seen them

Then the clips you remember seeing didn’t depict what Trump claims he saw.

If there was news footage of thousands of American Muslims cheering the 9/11 attacks in New Jersey it would have surfaced by now. Also, if he had seen any such thing it seems odd that he didn’t mention it during news interviews in the days after the attacks.

12 Likes

Know what’s fascinating about Donald Trump’s memory?

He has so much faith in his powers of recall that he’ll trust them over all available documentation and evidence, yet he claims his arm-waggling impression of the reporter shown below wasn’t meant to mock his disability because he had no recollection of what the reporter looked like. This, despite the fact that he met with said reporter almost daily for years.

32 Likes

If only someone had kept track of what footage they used of people cheering on September 11th.

If only.

5 Likes

Just so I’m clear: because you’re confusing the news footage at the time of Palestinians cheering with “thousands” of American Moslems in Jersey, it makes people here on BoingBoing fascist racists?

25 Likes

Someone somewhere said that they remember hearing of a clip showing Trump blowing a goat.

It must be true.

13 Likes

A reminder that Trump thinks highly of his ability to deceive people:

14 Likes

Surely you remember it was Scaroth, last of the Jagaroth?! :grin:

3 Likes

You completely miss the point. He was specifically making a point about American Muslims, saying that they were having tail gate parties celebrating 9/11 in Jersey City. His entire point revolves around it being american muslims in the USA, and he is insisting THAT footage exists, which of course it doesn’t.

Part of what makes him such a scary choice for president is he NEVER admits to being wrong, and always bullishly doubles down on stupid.

it would not only have surfaced, it would have been on loop over on Faux News.

14 Likes

Oh, that explains it. Donald Trump is from an alternate universe.

OH thats right, Jagaroth was the species.

1 Like

Even if it were real, I still wouldn’t expect him to provide evidence of it. That would be a little too close to acting in a reasoned manner, and that is absolutely not how he rolls. Evidence?! That’s for weak liberal eggheads who can’t just BE RIGHT without proof! Wah! Waahh! I’m a stupid liberal crybaby! What’s next, you’ll ask Trump to give his stance on actual issues?? What are you, a filthy commie intellectual? Give me your lunch money, nerd!

4 Likes

Well then they’re not “those clips” are they?

I’ll also call out your “cause to celebrate bad things in America” statement. One can of course harbour grievances with the past behaviours of “others” (which are, of course, conveniently grouped as the occupants of a country, proponents of another religion or people of other skin color (etc) for simplification in directing anger). It is a test of one’s morals as to whether those grievances would provide one with cause for celebration of bad things happening to thousands of people. It is an awful world to live in where vengeance is our key motivation.

1 Like

He’s trying. But Carl Rove’s evil plans are cold, calculating and competent, which makes him far more destructive than this ridiculous assclown.

3 Likes

So, your friend is Steve Doocey?

2 Likes

Triangulation, hallmark of all personality disorders.

The ones from New Jersey? From Jersey City? No you do not.

Oh, so you;ve changed the subject. Yaaaaaaay for you.

Re: better than trump? That’s HIS game. We’re equals, actually.

7 Likes

Haha, No, Steve is a bit too Deucey

1 Like

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but I’m not really on board with implicit ableism of ascribing Trump’s many character flaws to mental disorders, particularly when done remotely by non-professionals. I think there are and have been any number of successful heads of state who showed evidence of mental disorders without being anywhere near the joke that is Donald Trump.

2 Likes

Hey, let me know if you need any more help moving those goalposts.

Also, Muslims.

17 Likes

A crazy man saying crazy things isn’t crazy - it’s just this guy being who he is. What is crazy is no matter what he says, he doesn’t seem to be dropping in the polls. My fear is that it’s going to give his opponents the impression that he’s actually on to something – that saying Mexicans are rapists and Muslims should have to carry IDs and shit is what a large portion of the country wants.

I swear … if this guy gets the nod, I’d GTFO of here if it weren’t for the wife and kids.

3 Likes