Trump says clips of Muslims cheering 9/11 exist because other people have seen them

Personal opinion:

Every billionaire needs someone on their staff to tell them when they are FULL OF SHIT. And every time they fire that person, they need to pay a severance package equal to 10% of their net worth.

This same rule could apply to elected officials.

9 Likes

ahh, if Trump gets the football, shouldn’t you be getting out because of the wife and kids?

9 Likes

We all saw the clips he is talking about, though.

They were filmed in the middle east, during some other unrelated event, and all the news channels appropriated it to drum up outrage. (I wasn’t in the states for 9/11 or for months after, but I am assuming Fox News started it)

You know Trump is going to be in a tight spot with that claim when even MTV News is kicking his ass about it

4 Likes

…for the last 14 years. Especially when they talk about Obama.

4 Likes

Yeah, so? He’s claiming it happened not in the middle east, but in New Jersey.

4 Likes

Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia. I saw the clips.

13 Likes

He speaks truthiness!

2 Likes

In fairness, geography has never been the forte of GOP hopefuls.

9 Likes

I think we have forgotten what the general mood in the US, particularly the New York City area, was like in the hours and days immediately after 9/11. Muslims were being threatened, and in some cases attacked. People who even “looked like a Muslim” were attacked, typically Sikhs, but I recall someone Hispanic got beat up too.

If thousands of American Muslims were celebrating in New Jersey then the media would have had a field day with it, and we would have lots of footage.

10 Likes

‘Hand to God, I distinctly remember Jagaroth being revealed on Doctor Who and thought he was RED. Later when I re-looked up that episode, I found out he was GREEN.’

Woah - you mean all evil, power crazed aliens masquerading as human aren’t orange with candy floss hair?

5 Likes

If thousands of American Muslims were celebrating in New Jersey then the media would have had a field day with it, and we would have lots of footage.

I don’t pay much attention to the corporate media, but surely someone is on it blaming that same supposedly liberal media for suppressing such footage.

6 Likes

The infuriating thing isn’t that people have fallible memories. It’s that people like Trump and his supporters take great personal offense when the fabric of reality doesn’t bend itself to support those false memories.

9 Likes

Yes I know, but it’s a tough sell. Let’s all hope it doesn’t come to that. I like to think that any Democrat would take him down solidly, but I don’t want to be proven correct.

2 Likes

No there was ONE small group of West Bank Palestinian teenagers and couple of moms of said teenagers ON 9/11 who were clearly organized to cheer about the 9/11 attack on the day of the attack. Video made it clear less than 100 teenagers, and it wasn’t a whole city block in size.

…that FOX NEWS has been PLAYING IN A LOOP almost 20 years now.

8 Likes

Regarding the reaction of the Muslim world to 9-11, J-Rob (@jsroberts) was ON IT with this prescient roundup.

About the only thing I can think to add is the compassionate hot-take from Yassir Arafat hisself

11 Likes

I guess you could say these reports of American Muslims celebrating 9/11 were trumped-up? :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Eh, I’m pretty sure they’re Finnish.

(I’ll show myself out.)

1 Like

Now I believe in UFO’s.

Because, you know, wingnuts have seen them.

3 Likes

Oh no, with that comment you’ve added a ton of smartness to this thread, you’re staying right here pal!