Jinks and Drinks Derail

Thank you for all the kind thoughts!

Hours and hours later he emailed & said it was only dislocated! They drugged him, waited for him to go out, then pulled it back into place. He didn’t have to wait long - the joint’s notorious for loooooonnnnng waits - and everyone taking care of him is great. :smiley: A lovely long-time friend will pick him up when he’s ready, and he figures he can get his vehicle from work by himself tomorrow.

PHEW!

Lucy relieved

Another Cabdriver, please! I sure can use it after all this! Thanks.

6 Likes

9 Likes

Really hope all goes well with your bassist BF.
Remember, Les Paul played most of his life with a right arm unable to straighten fully after a bad accident, and he persuaded surgeons to reset it at the right angle for playing guitar. True fact!

ETA I see it did go well. Phew!

10 Likes

Yeah - beyond relieved, in all senses of the word!
Phew

9 Likes

I don’t understand what you’re trying to say with this topic. Can you elaborate?

2 Likes

No, thank you.

Dozens of split threads is not a viable solution.

2 Likes

It just felt like over 20 posts about owing each other a drink for explaining the difference between jail and prison was a bit much. At the same time the entire thing was enjoyable to read and there was no reason to stop it, so I wanted to give it room to continue on it’s own. That’s all

ETA: Definitions of jinks. noisy and mischievous merrymaking . synonyms: high jinks, high jinx, hijinks. type of: conviviality, jollification, merrymaking.

4 Likes

*sighs

This isn’t helping.

2 Likes

Not everything that’s off topic needs its own thread.

Maybe think a little more instead about what might be done about the problems recently raised by a large portion of the commentariat? “Jinks and Drinks” isn’t one of them…

1 Like

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

A “jinx, here’s a drink” meme isn’t a problem… microaggressions are.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.