Jinks and Drinks Derail

A most excellent derail from

Edited to add context. A few of the japes in the thread require the context

3 Likes

Jail is where you go before trial (and during); prison is where you go if/when convicted.

ETA: Drinks are on me!

11 Likes

Thanks. (Also, see multiple earlier responses from others along similar lines, and my replies.) :wink:

ETA
Darn - you added the “drinks on me” while I was replying. Does that mean I now owe you a drink?

8 Likes

Absolutely!

10 Likes

Yes… and it’s Malört

9 Likes

ETA: Clink. :wink:

11 Likes

…and we Yankistanis never spell it gaol, a word which rather knocked me for a loop until I figured it out.

ETA: I owe @euansmith a Cuba Libre!

9 Likes

Jailed is being held prior to trial.
Imprisoned is being held after sentencing.

7 Likes

It is becoming obsolescent, to be sure.

12 Likes

You may owe quite a few people a drink. :wink:

8 Likes

Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

11 Likes

I read a lot of old books.
tophat-biggrin

9 Likes

Are we having a lock-in?
Seems the right topical response to the discussion.
Mine’s a tequila slammer.

8 Likes

I’ll get you all started

Classic Film Drink GIF by Warner Archive

10 Likes

In the nick of time!
I’ll get my coat, I’m off now. Cheers, everyone. G’night.

Screen Shot 2023-08-25 at 23.53.43

7 Likes

I kinda want to pull this whole, wonderful “jinks and drinks” derail out into it’s own thread to preserve it in amber

9 Likes

A Jamaican Cabdriver, please. Equal parts coconut rum and orange juice, splash of lime juice - Rose’s is fine.
It’s quite a refreshing summer drink which also provides moral support in winter. But they do require some care: drink too many, or drink 'em too quickly, and U need a Jamaican cabdriver!

Best make it a tall one, please. My BF’s at the hospital, after a bad fall @ work and all I know so far is he was in agony & couldn’t move his R arm. He’s terrified, being a bassist!

6 Likes

Good Vibes Reaction GIF by CBS

10 Likes

Not to be contradictory, but ages ago I was arrested for “resisting arrest,” and really for not having an ID, and they moved me from jail to the full on prison while I waited to see a judge.
My cell mate was in for stabbing her husband (which I fully suspect he had earned) and no one would give me paper to write on because they figured I wouldn’t be there long enough. They were right, I was only there a few days.
Other than that minor and totally justified lack of generosity, my fellow ladies were very amenable.
If there was a Yelp for prisons, I’d give that one a decent rating :wink:

9 Likes

Wishing nothing but the best for you and your BF.

Best Friends Love GIF by Kennysgifs

9 Likes