Joe Biden: 'I'm going to have a [VP] choice first week in August'

Rock solid some would say.

Not me of course, my puns are far more stratified.

2 Likes

Not sure if Duckworth has the political experience needed, since the VP is basically pole position for the next Presidency, but she certainly has the guts to do it. I would very happily vote for her on top of the ticket - plus she’s got a massive set of demographics that she plays to, including the military. She literally has a military statue in her honor.

1 Like

That’s why I like Duckworth for VP but not Elizabeth Warren even though Warren would probably be great at the job. If Biden brings a sitting Senator with him it should either be someone whose seat is up for vote in 2020 with a strong Democratic majority or in a state where a Democratic governor will appoint their replacement.

I do like the idea of Elizabeth Warren getting Mitch McConnell’s job as Senate Majority Leader once Amy McGrath boots him out though.

3 Likes

I’ll say, she has good political experience as a representative and senator, but she doesn’t have experience governing. Reminds me of someone else whose name I can’t quite recall…

6 Likes

She has [checks math] infinity-times more political experience than the current President did.

For that matter, she also has more experience in national politics than Abraham Lincoln did when he ran for President. To say nothing of her leadership roles as a lieutenant colonel in the Army and as Director of the Illinois Department of Veterans Affairs.

4 Likes

To the best of my knowledge, Stacey Abrams doesn’t currently hold an office. She was cheated out of the governorship of Georgia, so choosing her would preserve those already in Senate seats. She’s also, if I’m not wrong, one of the more progressive options, which would appeal to the Left (which is also why I think she probably won’t be picked.) We can still hope…

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.