Joe Biden: "I've been Skinamarinked and I'm scared"

Originally published at: Joe Biden: "I've been Skinamarinked and I'm scared" | Boing Boing

Eep! Poor old Joe.

I hope he brought along his bag of magic malarkey.

7 Likes

Did anyone else not know about the movie and wonder how Joe Biden was related to an old preschool song and why that would scare him?

5 Likes

What kind of software does this that you can take a persons voice and make it say lines they haven’t actually said??

3 Likes

It seems like the audio has been removed from the video. Probably an improvement.

4 Likes

Can’t you hear… the voices…?

2 Likes

Nope. I seem to have shut off sound for all of Firefox. I’ll do a settings hunt later.

2 Likes

That probably wasn’t your doing; that was the Babadook.

4 Likes

AI, baby! Gonna save us all and make a bright, bright future! /s

Not gonna name any one of them because they are fucking terrible and dangerous!

1 Like

Of course, all of Firefox’s settings are down in the dark, dark basement…

2 Likes

There’s at least one company that uses the software my company provides to create custom voices for assistive speech technology. If someone had “banked” their voice or if there was a sufficiently large corpus of their voice I imagine this technology could be used to synthesize a version of their voice. Someone who’s been in politics as long as Joe Biden has probably does have a sufficiently large corpus available to be used in this synthesis.

2 Likes

Skinamarink is the worst movie I’ve ever seen. By FAR. So, so, so boring.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.