Was Joe Biden's whispery Q&A "creepy" or just a spine-tingling ASMR trigger?

Originally published at: Was Joe Biden's whispery Q&A "creepy" or just a spine-tingling ASMR trigger? | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Trying to fend of laryngitis, perhaps? Or maybe a reaction to something?

Because I take Advair via the disc, my voice is constantly hoarse and raspy, and I often have to repeat myself.

10 Likes

Definitely a little wacky, but not even close to “drink bleach and shine a light up your ass to treat covid” wacky.

9 Likes

He could talk that way all the time and it wouldn’t matter. He could be replaced by a bag of wet leaves and it wouldn’t matter. Literally ANYONE would have been preferred over 4 more years of the orange one.

7 Likes

Oh youtube… :confounded:

Never Read the Comments, I Read the Comments - Star Trek, Kirk

15 Likes

15 Likes

Maybe he’s appealing to everyone’s inner child on a cellular level?
Maybe it’s facetiously insinuating “you dummy” at the end of every whisper?
In any case, it’s more soothing than listening to a human sized whoopee cushion.

2 Likes

I’m reading comments right now!

12 Likes

OH no, he does it intentionally. I am trying to think where else I have heard someone do that, and can’t quite put my finger on it.

But he asks a question or statement he wants to contradict, and then whispers the answer like its a secret “they” don’t want you to know about.

It’s a little amusing, but also I am sure political fodder for pundits,.

1 Like

Jimmy Fallon Wow GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

5 Likes

This story immediately made me think of this commercial from my youth:

Bonus surprise: the woman in it is a young Sean Young!

1 Like

Given the choice between a ceaseless torrent of lies delivered at top volume with maximum indignation or a whisper, well, I’m very fucking certain which I would prefer to spend my time around.

5 Likes

FUCKIN A!!

1 Like

Yeah the comments are trash. The New York Post is also trash fwiw. I kind of wish I could take back my click bc I was logged in on this computer and the algo is gonna spam me now :frowning:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.