What in the world is Joe Biden going on about in this video?

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/12/what-in-the-world-is-joe-biden.html

5 Likes

Will someone familiar with the phrase explain what “dog-faced pony soldier” means (if anything)?

11 Likes

This Corn Pop business is well known and apparently more or less true, but Joe Biden’s general old-cootness defies easy explanation.

Unless it’s a sign of dementia I don’t think it’s actually material to grown-up political discussion though. It’s hardly something the Turmp campaign can point at. At this stage, like any personal quirk, talking about it just gives Biden free attention while using up the supply of attention that could be spent on things that matter.

18 Likes

If I was trying to create a fictional “old coot” story, I would fail to do one this oddball.

11 Likes

This is seriously as good as any “bad lip reading” video I’ve ever seen.

24 Likes

Almost funny if it wasn’t so sad. Let’s not forget how he still occasionally points out that his wife was killed by a drunk driver. There was an accident, the driver in question wasn’t drunk and seems like it was his wife who was, sadly, at fault. The family of that man, who has since passed away, has been threatening a civil lawsuit.

6 Likes

Why don’t you Philistines appreciate cutting edge performance art?

29 Likes

It’s supposedly a line from a John Wayne movie. However, no one can find the movie, John Wayne or otherwise, that it’s from.

• “You, sir, are a prevaricating mounted patrolman whose visage resembles that of a canine!”
  • “You’ve been waiting a long time to say that, haven’t you?”
  • “Yes, I’ve been Biden my time…”

ETA: citation…

13 Likes

Have you ever stubbed your toe or hit your thumb with a hammer when there were small children around? It’s kind of like that. He’s trying to swear without swearing, tinged with some golly-shucks-I’m-just-foks-like-y’all-are.

4 Likes

47 Likes

Wait…no one can find John Wayne?! Why bury the lede?

6 Likes

Could it be faked?
Just ask Анастасия Высоцкая…

Seems legit

9 Likes

At first, I thought that’s what it was.

Also, I had to replay that first line a few times… “You did what on the stand, Joe?”

1 Like

I certainly do (if truly deserved). Still waiting for it, though. :sunglasses:

1 Like

whatthehell?

2 Likes

It’s a beloved supporting character from My Little Pony: Friendship is Batshit

23 Likes

" … straight razors that had been soaked in rainbarrels to make the blades rusty …"

I rusty my straight razors by soaking them in Holy Water – that way I can cut street punks and vampires.

22 Likes

Looks like a dog-faced briony soldier.

6 Likes

That’s just so Constantine.

15 Likes