What in the world is Joe Biden going on about in this video?

After his thwarting, Corn Pop grew more experienced over the years, and now Colonel Pop has Soviet nukes hidden in rainbarrels, biding his time before dealing with his lifelong arch.

11 Likes

Would watch.

12 Likes

Yeah, more specifically, it ostensibly is a line from a John Wayne Western (said, supposedly by an “Indian chief”), referenced by Joe and his brother(s) when they were kids. But whatever it started out as, whatever the line actual was, it became a family in-joke, which makes Biden’s use of it pretty weird. Even if the line was exactly what he thinks it was, it only makes sense as something he and his brother(s) used to say to each other, no one else is going to get it.

The whole “Corn Pop” story makes perfect sense in comparison - it actually happened, there was a guy who used that nickname, etc. It just sounds ridiculous.

5 Likes

I just wish Corn Pop would come forward to set the story straight once and for all.

6 Likes

Oh goody, I was hoping Joe would find a way to shoehorn some ridiculous racial/cultural stereotypes into an already flummoxing gaffe.

10 Likes

Pomade? Bathing caps? Esther Williams? Straight Razors? Corn Pop? “I love kids jumping on my lap”? This is some kind of ersatz version of Grease.

10 Likes

I tell you, this guy really knows how to connect with the young voters of today.

15 Likes

How do the roaches fit into those meanderings?

Was it a Joe’s Apartment kind of scene? Did they braid his luxuriant leg hair? Maybe they crowned him King of the May and burned him in a green man at the end of the summer?

So many questions.

8 Likes

Isn’t this story several months old now?

7 Likes

Joe Biden has lived a very interesting and colorful life. Unfortunately for him that alone doesn’t qualify you to be governor, let alone President.

If he had a platform, issues, and relevant facts then he ought to be talking about those things. If he’s sharing irrelevant information with an audience, then maybe he has nothing more to offer?

Could he beat President Trump? Probably, might be a bit close though. But then what, would we be able to pat ourselves on the back for electing the best person for the job?

6 Likes

So would I. But I also have seen every single original Sailor Moon. What can I say, addictive consumption of animation of almost any sort is a sickness for me…

Mind you, I started watching Sailor Moon, cuz the Enemy-of-the-Day™ was often a great AD&D monster. That’s my story and I’m sticking with it.

6 Likes

William “Corn Pop" Morris died at the age of 73 in 2016.

5 Likes

15 Likes

Well, that would certainly make it more interesting. :skull:

2 Likes

Not if you’ve only just heard of it.

9 Likes

Holy Fu@k!

Did we just get tossed into an alternate universe? WTF? how is Biden even running on a DEM ticket?

Please Mommy I want it to stop!

9 Likes

citation needed.

the only place i see that coming up is on questionable right wing sites. ( national review, washington times, redstate. ) and even a quick scan of those do not say he says this currently. they just keep bringing up two decades old interviews where biden said he personally thought the person might have been drunk.

the most recent reputable source i can find is this cbs story from 2009.

The police reports have been lost, but Delaware Judge Jerome Herlihy, who investigated the crash, supports Hamill’s claim. He told CBS News, “There was no indication that the truck driver had been drinking.”

And last fall*, a spokesman for Biden said that the senator “fully accepts the Dunn family’s word that these rumors were false.”

(*) where “last fall” would have been 2008.

4 Likes

I think it’s time he dropped out of the race, however I also think it’s high time Joe had a fist fight with trump.

17 Likes

Joe Biden is so, so old. And so is Bernie Sanders. And so is Elizabeth Warren. And so is Donald Trump. They are all so, so old, and none of them is really qualified to lead a major world power in the 21st century.

I don’t believe in a mandatory retirement age, and I know our elders can make significant contributions, but it’s time for the next generation to lead.

In other words: ok boomer.

11 Likes

Your wish is my command. Give me a few to work out the details…

3 Likes