What in the world is Joe Biden going on about in this video?

If a boring story was disqualification to be president, I dare say we wouldn’t have presidents. This seems like he’s running out the clock without saying anything politically relevant.

That said, the dog face pony vid was him being jokey. I hadn’t watched it. I really had thought he’d been losing it. It’s more like he doesn’t know his audience, he’s bad at comedy and he’s trying too hard.

I won’t be voting for him because he’s a copyright pollyanna and supports shitty IP laws, among other things.

3 Likes

Biden wants to portray himself as the Fonz but i think he may actually be The Gorch. filling you in in case you have no idea what im talking about: https://www.pastemagazine.com/blogs/lists/2013/12/the-10uh-bestbest-show-prank-calls.html

He was a Nazi, but not anymore
He was a Nazi, life evens the score

I think he was one of the billions who were killed by Antifa, but Joe Biden is on the case.

7 Likes

Change the rules so that AOC can run, then I’m with you.

9 Likes

That’s why I’m worried. If we lost track of John Wayne, he could be in cahoots with the Nazis!

3 Likes

If they’re changing one rule, they may as well change a few.

Omar/Tlaib 2020.

8 Likes

I feel like I stepped back into 1948 reading that.

Its funny though, how out of touch Biden is for an old white guy, I want the other old white guy (Bernie) to win- and he’s amazingly fresh despite his age with people even younger than me (and I’m one of the first milennials at 36)

7 Likes

Proof positive that Biden is no good at extemporising - a trait he shares with Trump.

1 Like

It wasn’t just a “boring story”; it was a tale about Biden fighting a black guy/gang with a chain vs. “rusty razors” . So-o-o-o, would you say this boring story is appropriate for a group of kids? Furthermore, told as a candidate whom is courting the minority vote as we speak?

Jeebus Hopping Horatio Hornblower Christ.

4 Likes

Imagine being the journalist assigned to research the veracity of a story involving a guy named Corn Pop from the 1960s.

8 Likes

Why not? It was probably a lot easier to research than many names at the time, I’d guess; from the obituary he was pretty well-known. The newspaper archives from that era are also beautifully complete, compared to current offerings. You might go a bit cross-eyed from staring at a fiche reader for a few hours, mind you, or even days if things go badly xD!

In other words, since I didn’t make it properly clear, I’d enjoy researching something like this. I’m also pretty good at it, so that’s a factor, of course.

3 Likes

I’d bet that the “dog-faced pony soldier” line is the result of Biden’s old man brain conflating the memory of the “Pony Soldier” movie cited in that Guardian article you linked and the 1949 John Wayne movie “She Wore a Yellow Ribbon,” which does have the line “So here they are: the dog-faced soldiers, the regulars, the fifty-cents-a-day professionals…” as well as a character named “Chief Pony That Walks.”

7 Likes

I watched Powerpuff Girls for exactly the same reason. The enemies were the best part, especially Him.

Oh, and obviously a Shonen Knife theme song.

5 Likes

Herself?

(padding)

I just can’t imagine that dog-faced pony soldier lying

1 Like

Came for this. Was not disappointed.

Now can someone give me five bees for a quarter?

3 Likes

And there was me thinking Corn Pop sounded like a breakfast cereal and facing an even bigger struggle to make any sense of this whatsoever.

1 Like

OK boomer? Biden, Sanders, and Trump are the tail end of the silent generation.

2 Likes

Dan Bongino? Really?

Not that I want Biden in the White House, but this is not much more weird than most of Trump’s nonsensical rants.

1 Like