Joe Biden kicks off his presidential bid with a fundraiser hosted by Comcast's chief lobbyist

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/25/seriously-fuck-that-guy-3.html

7 Likes

In case anyone forgot why net neutrality is such a big deal, take a look at what Cox Communications recently launched

https://www.reddit.com/r/technology/comments/bh6z3f/coxs_elite_gamer_new_1999mo_service_for_priority/

16 Likes

Biden? I hope he makes sure to bail out Wall Street again, Main Street USA will understand, I think.

16 Likes

Comcast may be a gang of thieves, but sometimes they’re a clever gang of thieves. They’re paying Vice President Biden to re-install Traitor Trump in the White House, assuring four more years of the irresponsible deregulation that favors the worst corporations.

Hope we survive it. I’m not betting in that direction. There are at least a couple more years that Agent Orange can persuade North Korea to lob a nuke on us.

5 Likes

11 Likes

Exactly the reason I was skeptical about him actually doing something in office upon him being nominated, nonetheless elected. He’s bringing out all of the old corrupt corporate Democrat stops. Called it: “Hillary 2.0”.

7 Likes

Well, clever in that even if he manages to dethrone Jabba the Don, they will still have someone thoroughly in their pocket. That’s called “money well spent.”

9 Likes

Is there any chance that picture was his Secret Service motorcade?

2 Likes

Exactly why he needs to be primaried.

3 Likes

That Truthdig article was brutal (and much needed). Personally, I couldn’t vote for anyone that supported the Iraq invasion, even if they aren’t an unrepentent sexual harassing corporate stooge.

11 Likes

well… could be worse. Clinton could run again…

2 Likes

Is the living embodiment of Clinton in male form = Clinton running again? How long until his fundraising efforts include giving million dollar speeches to big banks that “Just wanted me to give a speech”?

4 Likes

being “old” I am apologetically age-ist

doesn’t matter how good or bad their policy ideas and political history is

both Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders and anyone over 60, forget 77 freaking years old can stop down

they are too freaking old to go up against the non-stop onslaught that will happen from the senate and possible the house if that is ever lost again, the supreme court will also overturn every decision now because it’s going to be 6-3 all the time

we need another Obama, another JFK, with little history to attack and lots of energy of “youth” and really we need to try a woman, I mean Trump has proven ANYONE can be president, literally anyone

2 Likes

Don’t even joke about that!! LOL :slight_smile: But in the meantime, looks like I’ll be voting for the Green Party…again.

Hillary ran and lost on a message of “Vote for me because I’m not Trump.”

Now Biden seems determined to run on a message of “Vote for me because I’m not Trump.”

Forgive me if I’m skeptical of the outcome :neutral_face:

6 Likes

Try to learn some of the lessons of 2016. Until Trump is out of office, stop throwing your vote away on pointless parties. You people kill me. /SMH

2 Likes

Offensive cliche is offensive and cliched.

1 Like

The Green Party sounds good in theory. In practice they are a bunch of kooks who help get Republicans elected. If you will consider this closely, you’ll know it is true. In fact, I would not be a bit surprised if Republicans secretly donate to them for just this reason.

1 Like

Democrats donated to Johnson and Republicans donated to Stein…who cares? That doesn’t invalidate either party. The goal at this point is not even to win…it’s to get five percent of the vote so as to qualify for federal campaign funding, and a guaranteed spot on the debate stage.

1 Like

Ok. There’s that. Still, at least we have an interesting field of Dems for the primary. I am more or less a Bernie person, but that could change.I will admit that if Biden gets the nomination I will seriously start to reconsider the Green Party.

3 Likes