Joe Biden would rather 'beat the hell' out of Trump than debate him

Cage match! Cage Match! Cage Match!

I suspect this is another weasel point, like “it is said”, or “everyone knows”. I refuse to entertain the nightmare that would be Joe Biden, Dem nominee for president in 2020. But, hey, if a reporter can paint him as an important figure, it gives his story more weight.

3 Likes

I know he’s a doughy, orange, cream-filled blob these days but in most of his college photos, DJT looks pretty friggin’ fit. I think Joltin’ Joe might be writing checks his fifty-year-younger self would never be able to cash.

2 Likes

Pretty sure this is an Onion article

2 Likes

He’s only polling well right now because he has name recognition from being Vice President.Once the actual campaign starts, that will ebb away.

Also, it’s interesting to note, that VP is not really as great a springboard for Biden as you would think. The last Democrat to run and be elected president with “former VP” as the highlight of their CV was Martin Van Buren.

3 Likes

Did Jim Carrey paint that?

2 Likes

You have indeed lost something inof the poetry of your forebears.

(Sorry, but prepositions are critical to clarity of meaning.)

1 Like

You gonna come at my language you better come correct: I was not aiming at the possessive of “of” but the inclusiveness of “in,” and your “correction” therefore isn’t.

I direct you first to read the few pages the word “in” occupies in the OED, and secondly to understand on no uncertain terms that when people make a celebration of me it is properly termed a “Lexicon.”

Now quit being shirty, and scoot.

5 Likes

4 Likes

For the record, and I don’t see it mentioned here, Biden said he’d fight David Dennison if they were both still in school. Maybe Biden was fit back then, too, or maybe he didn’t have bone spurs. But he didn’t suggest he’d fight him today. I know, it’s a funny thought.

What’s that gif from? I haven’t seen this animation before.

1 Like

Not at all clear what it was that your inclusiveness was trying to include. Not responding here in detail (drafted it and thought better of it) seeing as your back is already up (does it need a shirt? :wink: ), but if you are interested in further - entirely civilised - discussion, I’m happy to take it out of the public eye / avoid going off-topic here.

We can then also debate ‘on no uncertain terms’. :slight_smile:

But it’s bedtime so I’ll cogitate this further as I nod off.
G’night.

1 Like

Complete piffle!

1 Like

Those two characters have the most marvelous chemistry (Kevin Kline’s and Kenneth Branagh’s characters).

3 Likes

While I’m forced to admit that I understand Mr. Biden’s sentiment, I strongly believe that we must speak and act more justly, peacefully, and effectively than those we despise.

2 Likes

Once upon a time Joe Biden was Iran Contra hearings chair Senator Joe Biden.
That was a great Joe Biden.

Also, VP Joe Biden tried to talk Obama out of continuing the war in Afghanistan.
Another great Joe Biden.

Just sayin’

2 Likes

Schnickschnack!

1 Like

Once upon a time Joe Biden was Clarence Thomas / Anita Hill scumbag Joe Biden.

That was, and is, a shit Joe Biden.

2 Likes

Thanks for pointing this out.

THAT’S the Democrats’ strategy?! Try to do a Trump knockoff?
We’re doomed.