Joe Rogan delights his fans by mocking Asians and making fun of Angelina Jolie's Bell's Palsy

I transitioned 40 some years ago. There were oldsters around then and they had their oldsters. Etc, etc, etc. people may have used different language to describe themselves going back past antiquity - and artifacts documenting these peoples were destroyed or hidden from the public - that doesn’t mean they didn’t exist. I remember Leslie Feinberg discussing in Stone Butch Blues about visiting a museum and being shown some of those hidden artifacts that they didn’t feel the general public was prepared to accept.

It’s all about delegitimizing, scapegoating and eliminating. Same as it’s ever been.

Also - I confess - I canceled Joe Rogan. He no longer exists.

19 Likes

winona-thats-good-point

11 Likes

Anyone else here ever manage to go through their whole life without exploiting mentally ill women for sex and joking about it by confusing neurological with neurotic for a crowd of misogynistic and critically stupid toadies? Anyone manage to get through most public and private discourse without calling anyone a racial slur? Most people do. If you don’t believe it, guess what, you’re the asshole.

19 Likes

It’s funny, right? Because it seems so easy, but so many people make it look so hard…
Funny in that
Sad Kristen Bell GIF
way.

Oh, ETA, I’ve also made it this long without ever masturbating in public or touching a stranger’s body in an unwanted sexual way. Or “cat calling” someone. It’s crazy, I know.

16 Likes

Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

16 Likes

Ooh ooh… I’ve also managed not to build a public platform just to use it to distribute medical misinformation that influences people to make fatally bad decisions! And guess what, so has almost everyone I’ve ever known!

14 Likes

I know how hard that is to not do…

Good Job GIF by MOODMAN

13 Likes

Thank you. Thank you. I tell you it’s hard, so hard, I’m always like “now I’m never gonna get cancelled” but I manage… somehow. I know I’m so rare and special for that!

12 Likes

You Are Season 3 GIF by High Maintenance

You actually are, of course!

11 Likes

9 Likes

You’re rare and special, but not for that. It’s amazing to me that the world as so many good and decent people, and instead not only does our culture promote the worst exceptions, people pretend that without them we wouldn’t have anyone left.

There are so many names right on this thread that I’d rather hear a podcast from, and somehow I feel sure not a single one is going to use an ethnic slur or mock a neurological disability, but apparently the but I want to listen to an asshole! demographic is the one that counts. :man_shrugging:

14 Likes

Clearing extremely low bars is my superpower.

17 Likes

Yeah I’m not sure I’ve ever heard the phrase “breeding” applied to human beings in any context that wasn’t classist, racist, eugenicist or some combination of the three.

12 Likes

It certainly sounds exactly like something Shapiro would say.

7 Likes

Something like this, which actually was written by kapo Ben in reaction to Cardi B’s “WAP” song about a way women express sexual desire.

That’s what happens to a woman when she marries a human desiccant.

11 Likes

There’s the problem: it does sound like the sort of thing he would say. Which makes it oh so much easier to assume that he did say it. Which puts us in the same “facts are irrelevant so long as it feels true” postmodern truthiness brigade of which he is a part.

We should be better than that. Hang the bastard on things he actually said. There’s well and truly enough of those to go around.

5 Likes

4 Likes

I mean, have you seen them? They are basically the long form equivalent of :person_shrugging:.

You can read all about it here:

After all that content, skip to the end where they talk about enforcement.

Breaking the rules may result in the violative content being removed from Spotify. Repeated or egregious violations may result in accounts being suspended and/or terminated.

So maybe they will do something? Maybe not. Plenty of weaselly “may result in”s there. Enough to ensure that the big revenue generators are given much more latitude than the little guys.

5 Likes

Beyond the question of whether their posted rules look good or bad, there is the fact that private companies are not courtrooms and they don’t actually have to follow the rules they post anyway

It doesn’t really matter whether JAQoff Joe is violating Spotify’s rules or not, he should be canceled either way

6 Likes

No arguments here.

2 Likes