Joe Rogan delights his fans by mocking Asians and making fun of Angelina Jolie's Bell's Palsy

I liked him in NewsRadio but found him incredibly off putting in everything he’s done since.

2 Likes

Well, he’s not wrong. :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

So Rogan “speaks to the allure of making audiences feel they’re in on something subversive,” while actually being reactionary/conservative.

So he’s the new Rush Limbaugh. I suppose someone had to fill those (clown) shoes.

20 Likes

“qui tacet consentire videtur” - “He who is silent is seen to consent”.
As a wise man once said.

1 Like

Except afaik Rogan is currently trying to “brand” himself as some level-headed common man. I guess the curators of culture that helped Rogan succeed leave the clown shoes out until you’re initiated in the third degree now.

11 Likes

I was looking forward to seeing his starring role in Spotify: The Implosion. But now I’m wondering if that movie’s actually going to get made.

11 Likes
21 Likes

Can you just get it over with and say something awful about “Angelina Julie” so we can move on

9 Likes

he already did that, it was his middle game

7 Likes

Alas, probably not.

But then, what would Reuters know? Who are you going to believe? Anyone who’s seen what Shapiro talks about knows that it’s accurate, even if it’s not “true”. I mean, what is “true”, anyway? Is it in what is said, or in what is real? You have to take your own experiences and evaluate truth through the lens of what is real. Facts can get in the way of evaluating what is real. This tweet may not be real, but it is nonetheless true. /s oh god postmodernism I feel dirty.

11 Likes

I just cancelled my subscription. They’ve had enough time to reconsider, but looks like Spotify is coddling to the right wing audience as much as Facebook

14 Likes

The NYTimes is not too big to cancel.

12 Likes

Johncrist Cancel GIF by John Crist Comedy

9 Likes

Well, I think most people agree that Tum Radar wasn’t very good.

6 Likes

Yeah. Mr. and Ms. Smyth was also a silly letdown.

4 Likes

The NYTimes is too big not to cancel

2 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Sunlight is the Best Disinfectant

Uh, yeah. I’m thinking, though, if you think we all sit around cruelly mocking celebrities for their struggles…, I’m thinking you spend your time hanging out with a bunch of assholes.

18 Likes

Whenever someone like Joe Rogan is revealed to be total garbage, there are always a few people quick to confess to the same because they never realized that not everyone else is.

17 Likes

Agreed; caping for a total stranger who would likely NOT do the same for them is a sure sign of psychological projection, IMO.

16 Likes