Joel Hodgson is Kickstarting a reboot of Mystery Science Theater 3000

[Read the post]

Oh what great memories I have of MST! Joel is a living genius.

2 Likes

This might be the second kickstarter I support…

2 Likes

Oh fuck yes. I’m in

2 Likes

I have too many good memories of watching MST3K (and yes, passing around actual videotapes) to not be in. Whether this Kickstarter succeeds or fails (and whether a new MST3K catches on or not), Joel is a genius and deserves the chance.

5 Likes

I went to a live Rifftrax show of The House on Haunted Hill and it was fun but I still missed Joel and the 'bots. Yeah, I’m in.

Seeing Rifftrax live made me realize one of the benefits of watching MST3K at home. There were some jokes I missed because the audience around me was laughing so hard. Yeah, it was great we were all enjoying it but I couldn’t record and rewind the live action.

3 Likes

What’s the stretch goal to have Mike be the host? ducks

3 Likes

Hrm. I’d say being able to try and kill you with a forklift?

1 Like

Klaus, that you?

1 Like

The staying power of this program after all these years is rather staggering.

1 Like

Nah. Just call me Rocky?

1 Like

assuming he can raise an eye-popping $2,000,000

Good lord, and it’s already almost 1/4 of the way there. Looks like there’s just a little bit of a demand there.

1 Like

Puma? Puma? Puma!

Favorite MST3K quote:

Joel (or was it Mike?): And what do you want for Christmas, Crow?

Crow: I want to decide who lives and who dies.

Joel: Ooohhh… I dunno, Crow.

5 Likes

<a href=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRPWHrufy4o>My Genesis!

The amazing thing is that the average backer is in for over $100! I know zero about demographics – but it sounds like MST3K appeals to a damn good demographic, at least from the disposable-income angle.

This. Joel left MST3K and Mike took it farther and more successful than Joel’s deadpan snooze fest ever could. Long live rifftrax.

1 Like

That would be Joel. And no surprise its your favorite.

How many more Mitchell movies are there?

3 Likes

Dang it, why don’t I have any monies to giiiiiive?!?

3 Likes