John Bolton's interview with ABC: "I don't think he has the competence to carry out the job."

Evidently according to SCOTUS Trump, is so incompetent that his administrative law decisions/policies with DACA didn’t even pass the lowest, most basic level of official scrutiny of “Not arbitrary or caprious”. Pretty much any remotely sane rationale for such actions would have passed muster and this wasn’t it.

11 Likes

Yep, he could see trump was a weak leader. It was an opportunity for him to try and take full advantage of that situation to get everything on his wish list while everyone is in a free for all under trumps incompetence. I believe the entire time he was preparing for a book payday because he knew it would all come to a halt one day and ultimately trump would take the primary hit.

3 Likes

Yeah, they feel like legal weasel words, but stating “he’s not fit for office” is still obviously an assessment, an opinion.

1 Like

He figured they could be brothers in incompetence.

Everyone, please don’t buy this worthless asshole’s book. There is nothing in there you need to know, and certainly nothing worth enriching him for.

5 Likes

To be fair, I’m sure that Bolton doesn’t see himself as incompetent?

13 Likes

Dunning-Kruger says yes!

7 Likes

I couldn’t agree more.

4 Likes

Fair point

2 Likes

He could have done something, didn’t, and instead wrote a book to make money. Fuck him.

I’m guessing there will be more books from others who could have also done something. Fuck them too.

5 Likes

The Supreme Court decision was 5-4. Trump didn’t do as badly as he could have. Cases like this show just how important it was for him to pack the court. Even though it was a loss, it was a narrow one and this suggests a lot of his slightly less outrageous behavior will get a pass.

5 Likes

Yep. The whole lot of them can go play freeze tag on the interstate. Too bad my rig doesn’t stop too quickly.

She can get most of them by wearing Ivanka’s face, but she’ll have to wear Mother’s face for Pence.

5 Likes

This excruciating hell; no new revelation adds to the known depravity of the real estate swindler.

If you’re going to take a position of high public trust you have to be prepared to turn down or quit when the public trust is being violated.

If you can’t do so - you’re not qualified for the position.

4 Likes

And then there is this…

6 Likes

If Bolton believes what he’s telling people now, then he screwed over this entire country by not speaking up sooner and more often. He should be charged with criminal negligence and dereliction of duty. That hedgehog-faced human fungus should be forced to spend the rest of his life in the same jail cell as Trump.

2 Likes

I think I know what was said in the back room of Republican party headquarters in 2016. “Look, we have this loudmouthed eye-catching jerk who keeps the mass of useful idiots enthralled. He’d work wonders keeping attention on himself while we do what we want. Let’s co-opt him and use his ability to rouse up the rabble. Of course we can control him, he’s not as smart as us. And even if he does things we don’t like, we’re too rich. He can’t possibly do anything that would really hurt us.”

In other words, the exact same thing that was said by the rich people in power in Germany in the 1930s.

3 Likes

When Trump is out of office, SO MANY people are going to make SO MUCH money from books and interviews about how messed up his regime was…

Trump fighting with Bolton. This is like watching a hyena fighting a diseased pig. Who gives a shit who “wins”?

4 Likes

“I don’t think he has the competence to carry out the job.”
tenor

2 Likes