John Hinckley, who attempted to assassinate Ronald Reagan, will go free

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/07/27/john-hinckley-who-attempted-t.html

"Jodie Foster is a lesbian?!!?

She was never going to be in to me. I did all that for nothing?

35 years in prison!! Goddammit!!!"

20 Likes

24 Likes

They’ll be damned sure to be nuking his ass with 100 ml of Thorizen a day, bet on it.

2 Likes

Man, can you imagine job-hunting with his resume?

9 Likes

In a prepared statement, the Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation and Institute said, “Contrary to the judge’s decision, we believe John Hinckley is still a threat to others and we strongly oppose his release.”

What the hell is the mandate of the “Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation and Institute” that they have an opinion about this?

Even if they somehow felt a vested interest in Ronald Reagan’s safety, he’s, you know, dead, requiescat in dolor.

19 Likes

Not if you are TEAGOP, Reagan is alive and kicking to them.

5 Likes

Good thing his daddy was a wealthy oil company executive.

8 Likes

Whatever else, such an institute is going to be a place that every reporter on the planet calls for a statement on such a news event. Better to just publish a statement, even if they would have otherwise wished to say nothing.

3 Likes

‘Failing to kill Reagan’ definitely puts him on my ‘No’ pile.

21 Likes

They’ll go for a long acting injectable anti-psychotic. No way they’re going to take a chance on being responsible for non compliance issues.

3 Likes

If he’s being released, then he’s probably been in remission for years by now.

6 Likes

Someone should convince him that she’ll totally turn straight and be all about him if only he did something about Trump.

5 Likes

…Huh. Note that it doesn’t say “presidential candidates.”

I wonder which party pulled the strings to get him released.

2 Likes

Oh don’t be silly. Reagan was far too liberal for the TEAGOP. (OK, so they praise him in name, but not in deed. It’s not like they live in a fact-based universe anyway.)

6 Likes

Driving others to murder aside, Trump doesn’t need to be likened to Saint Regan even more.

8 Likes

I think it’s kind of interesting how Republicans don’t see that as the supreme insult it is to Reagan. I mean, I don’t even like Reagan and I think it’s kind of a low-blow.

4 Likes

I once got a carpet burn on my forehead from that nightmare fuel. The thorazine shuffle ain’t no joke.

Edit: well, it is as in “funny funny” just not “funny funny ha ha”

5 Likes

The did say “others.” Not them or Reagan. “Others.”

Hinckley, July 27, after years in confinement: “I’m finally going to get out…for so long I thought the goalposts would have to move, because I wasn’t sure that I was making progress towards them. But this seems like a clear message that it was me who did the ‘moving’…”

Hinckley, August 27, after weeks of watching Trump press conferences:
“Oh, wait…I get it now.”

7 Likes