The man who shot Ronald Reagan is playing a concert in Brooklyn this summer

Originally published at: The man who shot Ronald Reagan is playing a concert in Brooklyn this summer | Boing Boing

3 Likes

No Devo?

12 Likes

Probably just as well that the one-time attempted assassin never showed any interest in covering the Dead Kennedys.

25 Likes

I’m not sure I want to know “what John Hinckley dreams of.”

3 Likes

Probably not Jodie Foster

15 Likes

Sad Uh Oh GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

9 Likes

Being a better shot?

7 Likes

Here’s a couple options…

5 Likes

He’s doing covers, huh?

Probably not this one I bet.

11 Likes

I gave a listen to “May Your Dreams Come Trues” and was surprised. I liked it. There I said it.

An attempted assassination and 34 years under psychiatric care; this man must have a complex story.

9 Likes

I’m guessing he won’t be doing anything from Sondheim’s Assassins either. I understand Squeaky Fromme is out of prison and still in love with Manson…

Don’t know if I’ll like his new stuff, but I’m a huge fan of his previous work.

7 Likes

Everybody gets a shot at redemption.

7 Likes

He should cover The Crucifucks.

3 Likes

Phrasing it as “playing a concert in Brooklyn” makes it sound like a bigger deal than it probably is.

I lived closed to the performance space in question when it was first kicked up. It’s more of a community rehearsal and recording space/pop-up party room and occasional small show venue.

You can kinda just wander in.

The little Korean corner store below it, Mr. Kiwi, is awesome though.

6 Likes

John Warnock Hinckley: The ‘Greatest Hits’ Tour.

He’s this week’s number one, with a bullet.

1 Like

For anyone who didn’t get the reference.

I have to say, he is a better singer than a couple people I know who are trying seriously to make it as musicians.

4 Likes

Seems like an obvious choice.

I hate what he did to President Reagan and James Brady but I respect his focus on positivity and personal growth. This seems to be a good outlet for him and is much better than sitting in a jail cell.

3 Likes

Maybe he will cover something by…

3 Likes