John Kelly calls Trump an idiot, mocks his ignorance

Offical Whitehouse Staff Work Wear.

tshirt

9 Likes

What an unusual way to announce his retirement.

8 Likes

“Yes they do, they just don’t understand them.”

2 Likes

Retired 4-star general, pay grade O-10, re-enlisted 1975, so Final Pay pension.

2016 O-10 salary with 41 years service means basic pay of: $20,220.07 per month.

(from here: https://www.militaryrates.com/military-pay-charts-o6_o10_2016)

His pension would be calculated based on his final pay multiplied by 2.5% for every year of service (cap of 100% applies) so in his case he retired and continued to receive the same basic salary as before.

(from here: Computing Retired Military Pay)

If that’s not enough to cover dental and college fees then there’s something seriously wrong with your economy…

I don’t think that excuse adds up… :frowning:

2 Likes

Well, yes…

5 Likes

Your dove almonds ad has autoplaying audio, this is a great way to get me to block all of your advertising.

:frowning: I’d thought better of you

There’s a thread on the BBS for reporting bad ads. BB isn’t able to whitelist ads because of their ad provider, but they’re more than happy to blacklist bad ads like ones which autoplay video, scams, etc.

3 Likes

I like rats, they have many redeeming qualities. Trump isn’t a rat.
Maybe a shit-weasel?

4 Likes

My point, exactly. Thanks.

How do we know we’re not playing into some Jared/Ivanka power play to kick Kelly out of the WH? I mean, ha ha, this is probably true (I HOPE) but there’s got to be some explanation for this apparent “leak” from anonymous WH officials…

“It was an order!” isn’t a valid excuse since 1945.

1 Like

I agree. At the same time I feel like it’s much more necessary with Trump’s world than it usually is to ask yourself who benefits from the story. There are probably only one or two people in the white house who haven’t called Trump an idiot. It’s less about whether it’s true and more about why we’re hearing this particular true thing at this moment.

5 Likes

There are very few things that you can really know about Donald Trump due to the dizzying cyclone of propaganda and bluster that surrounds him.

But he clearly does have a genius for persuading the wealthy to give him money, and sees laws as obstacles to be overcome.

3 Likes

Trump has proven incapable of doing his job, period. Excuses are just excuses. And he lies routinely every day.

NO other business in the world would tolerate or keep an employee who is never truthful and has nothing to show work-wise, no “performance,” no accomplishments at the end of the day, and a big mouth running all day irritating everyone around him!

3 Likes

Good analogy.
Also, a lot of Americans seem to like living in an abusive relationship, politically speaking.

they’re all instinctively clever.

Probably the same as all the other leaks: one of the three warring factions within the White House (establishment Republicans, Wall Street pseudo-democrats & far-right nationalists) is trying to weaken the other two in order to gain an upper hand in controlling the President. If they all want to keep kneecapping each other by leaking damaging information I see no reason we shouldn’t let them.

6 Likes

Oh… I am guessing you have never worked for the government, or even a large corporation. People like this are among us, I assure you.

6 Likes

They are, indeed. In my experience, they usually have a boss who keeps them around for some reason of their own. Even though the boss knows they are idiots, he also knows that if he were to fire the idiot, his own boss would ask why he kept the idiot around for so long. So the boss pretends that the idiot serves some useful purpose to the company, and firing him would be detrimental. After the idiot has been around long enough, he acquires a sort of immunity.

3 Likes

My understanding is that Kelly is likely earning ~$180K as WHCoS. He earned more as director of Homeland Security, but “stepping” down to work for the prez has usually worked out as being something of an “investment” for when one leaves the WH.

Any future prez could replace the previous administration’s DoHS, but I’d say that ex-WHCoS or worth much more than ex-DoHS.