John McAfee found dead in jail cell

He was indicted for pumping and dumping cryptocurrencies. That’s sort of technical, is it not?

3 Likes

How do you figure? He got given an account full of pre-mined coin, then promoted it, then they dumped it for him and gave him the cash. This happened on a few occasions. It’s highly unlikely he had anything to do with the coin part of it based on when and what services he used to exit.

What’s really funny is as many coins are a public ledger, he basically created the evidence against him.

Hell, my mom buys crypto on robinhood now, and has no idea how any of it works.

4 Likes

So, probable Trump flunky.

Nah, I wouldn’t think so tbh. That would require putting someone above him, and McAfee was also a narcisscist. There’s no way he’d have been a Trump flunky, because he’s better than Trump in his mind. Trump flunkies tend to think Trump’s the best and I can’t see McAfee ever thinking that.

5 Likes

The thing about a lot of flunky’s is that a lot of them think they are just using the people they are flunkys to, on a temporary basis, as a means to get the power/prestige/money that they really want. That they are smarter/better then the people they are pretending to be subservient to. A “true” flunky would be devoted to his/her master, and gladly fall on their sword or jump under the bus to protect them. Most of Trumps flunkys tend to turn on him or distance from him the moment they find themselves under indictment or as soon as being in his shadow stops being an advantage to them. (see, for example, Cohen, Saramuchi, Ivanka/Jared…) That is, they tend the show the exact same amount of loyalty to him as he shows to them, ie, none whatsoever. Rudy has been a weird exception in that regard so far.

McAfee has been living off in his own movie-script dream-world for the last few decades though, so I’m not sure he was really even aware of trump, or what was happening in the USA.

3 Likes

Hello,

I had just graduated high school and had no idea what I wanted to do with my life—what I could do with it—when I asked Mr. McAfee for a job. Amazingly enough, he said yes, and taught me about computer viruses. I worked for him in various capacities and across companies for the next eleven years.

I will always be grateful for the trust he placed in me and the opportunities he gave me.

Try to remember that people are rarely black or white, but rather shades of gray.

Mr. McAfee did some very bad things in his life, and was perhaps darker than others.

But, he also did some good, too.

I know it is de rigueur to make fun of people, but try to take a moment to learn from his successes and from his mistakes.

And strive to do good things in your life as well.

I miss my friend.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.