John Oliver breaks down the Critical Race Theory strawman

Exactly. I haven’t seen the right-wing this worked up since they convinced their followers to waste a lot of time, money, and legislation on fighting against Sharia law. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Don’t forget about the Migrant Caravan!

4 Likes

The best part of this segment are the personal stories of the black writer in her public school in Chicago.

6 Likes

I bet she has a name.

2 Likes

They don’t introduce her, but I guarantee she has a name.

EDIT

Looking online I can see it’s Ali Barthwell.

7 Likes

And also, Jesus wasn’t a Christian… He had very little to do with how the institutions of the various Christian churches were shaped, wherever they emerged, historically.

4 Likes

This one also works…

2 Likes

That would be a bit narcissistic, wouldn’t it?

5 Likes

I mean, the whole Christian thing happened years after his execution… he had no control over it.

3 Likes

Pretty sure that was just a joke?

3 Likes

Yeah, I figured. I was not snapping, more adding to my larger point about Jesus’ lack of actual connection to the Christian faith. Jesus of Nazareth, if he existed, was a Palestinian Jew… I kind of think of him as a very different person than Jesus Christ, who has been shaped and reshaped to fit whatever he needed to fit for political, cultural, or social reasons.

6 Likes

Your comment and this section of the video have me very worried about how far the conservative re-branding of MLK is gonna go… :grimacing:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.