Perhaps the most FOX News interview on Critical Race Theory ever

Originally published at: Perhaps the most FOX News interview on Critical Race Theory ever | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Wow, they took a break from the Great Replacement Theory on the bullshit factory. See things can improve…

24 Likes

Critical Race Theory made my soup cold. :frowning:

27 Likes

It turned me into a NEWT!

36 Likes

Yes, let’s not deal with the fatalities that result from their fallacies ~

17 Likes

“If you can’t dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.”

-W.C. Fields

21 Likes

But I got better…

16 Likes

Right. Kids that age never have problems with grades or dating or doing chores. . . then CRT came along and suddenly BOOM! teenage rebellion.

28 Likes

If your network’s target audience is a bunch of credulous rubes, you have to have hosts who at least act like dumb-dumbs and guests who are dumb-dumbs.

16 Likes

So from that brief clip I seem to gather that she has a son (adopted?) who is black? Even if you’re generous enough to take everything she has said at face value, it’s not a refutation of “CRT” or the teaching of racism and its effects on society. And she has missed the all too critical step of proving that the school’s actions have had an effect on her child’s behaviour. Correlation is not causation etc., and the school can’t control how a child might apply the lessons being taught.

I hope the school district pushes back on this instead of rolling over to avoid the cost of a fight. IANAL but

1-It’s clearly a vexatious lawsuit
2-She can’t prove her child’s behaviour has changed
2b-She can’t prove that her child’s altered behaviour is actually a form of damage
2c-She can’t prove that damages have actually resulted from the lessons

Unfortunately she’ll probably get a Repugnantcan appointed judge who will lap her story up with a silver spoon.

What’s next, kids using the math they learned in school to argue they are being short-changed on their allowance!!?

12 Likes

Goddess forbid a child with a black father ever, EVER think of himself as black!!

Sounds like her son might be thinking through some racial issues at this point in his life. Instead of blaming that bit of critical thinking on his school’s curriculum, maybe this mother could have prepared herself to handle discussing such issues with her children? Maybe?

21 Likes

Once you learn about something your start to notice it

11 Likes

What a bad mother.

And even if he doesn’t, then the world will absolutely remind him of his Blackness.

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

15 Likes

“He’s finding safety in numbers now.”

That’s a bad thing, apparently.

4 Likes

My kids don’t like doing chores either… :thinking::smirk::money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

When expressed by certain types, CRT actually stands for Cranial Rectal Transfer.

5 Likes

Yeah, jeebus, very much “my Black son is now old enough to begin to recognize what it means to be a Black man in this society.”

I keep reading studies (and seeing the evidence) about how American society wildly over-estimates the ages of Black children and insists on treating them as adults at quite an early age, even when their age is known. He’s basically hit that age. His clueless white mother doesn’t begin to get it (because that wasn’t her experience), the poor kid.

10 Likes

To add to your list:

3-She can’t specify what “Critical Race Theory” is
4-She can’t prove “Critical Race Theory” is taught at that school

4 Likes

notably dad isn’t on tv saying that black people get treated the same until they suddenly realize they’re black

7 Likes

It most certainly isn’t. CRT is a PhD level topic, taught in some graduate programs. Nobody anywhere teaches it in middle school.

6 Likes