John Oliver explains Tucker Carlson's lame but lucrative shtick

Originally published at: John Oliver explains Tucker Carlson's lame but lucrative shtick | Boing Boing

11 Likes

Video link for the BBS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMGxxRRtmHc

15 Likes

“Isn’t he handsome? I’m so proud of Tucker. He’s my son, you know.”

tenor

19 Likes

Some More News also covered what an absolute goon he is.

13 Likes
9 Likes

Some less “polite” takes on Tucker Carlson from the amazing Some More News.
Edit: Oops, I didn’t notice the second one was already posted. The first one is also great, though!

8 Likes

in addition to being a blatant white supremacist mouthpiece, i hate that he’s ruined the bowtie for millions of fashionable liberal men, too. fortunately, we have Doctor Who to counteract him.

15 Likes

So what do we do?
We need an action plan.

Was there a reason for the ableist headline?

1 Like

Is there usually a reason?

3 Likes

John Oliver explains Tucker Carlson’s lame but lucrative shtick

I’m pretty sure I don’t need that 'splained.

1 Like

:blush:

7 Likes

oh dagnabbit, i first typed “The Doctor” because of course that’s what i call him, and then i changed it to Doctor Who and forgot to delete “The” grrrrr. i will fix. [EDIT: waitaminnit, i had it right – i didn’t want to just call him “The Doctor” because maybe not everyone is as familiar with him, haha]

3 Likes

I’m such a shameless, pathetic nerrrrrd.

giphy

6 Likes

Tucker’s mysterious inability to define white supremacy or white nationalism is something he learned from the white nationalists on the ground.

For years, right wingers have been saying stuff like, “Well, I’m white and a nationalist so I guess I must be one of those”

:wink: :wink: :wink:

5 Likes

Has any counter-point guest (if ever) hit TC on-air with that judge’s explanation for her ruling, ("The “‘general tenor’ of the show should then inform a viewer that [Carlson] is not ‘stating actual facts’ about the topics he discusses and is instead engaging in ‘exaggeration’ and 'non-literal commentary.”) and then asked him to comment on it?

5 Likes

Do we need an entire episode dedicated to this guy?
Do we really?
Because, much as I would like to spend half an hour talking about this $over_the_top_insult, there are other things that may be a more productive use of my time, like $mundane_activity, $self_deprecating_mundane_activity, or $incredibly_uncomfortable_mental_image (remember to include witty visual captions).

But, since we’re all still locked down and have literally nothing else better to do, let’s watch how this $over_the_top_insult_2 makes human civilization slowly drain into the effluent pipe of history. (Answer- the visual equivalent of clickbaity facebook forwards aimed at scared old people. )

3 Likes

Dash onto his set and pluck off his wig?

2 Likes

I doubt it’s run live, so any such truth-telling just gets edited out.

8 Likes

9 Likes