John Oliver on Matt Gaetz: "Wow, imagine being the one white man on Earth that Tucker Carlson won't defend"

Originally published at: John Oliver on Matt Gaetz: "Wow, imagine being the one white man on Earth that Tucker Carlson won't defend" | Boing Boing

11 Likes

that fox clip should go into the dictionary entry for “twisting in the wind”.

9 Likes

Tucker is like - don’t drag me into your bullshit.

4 Likes

Its perverse how they actually have to commit literal crimes in order to be ostracized.
Literally everything Gaetz did up to these crimes were disqualifying, but this is what it took.

8 Likes

Rudy Ghooliani! Holy sh!t, the guy is a babbling goon.

6 Likes

Love Rudy saying “I don’t know how much I should describe…” then his face lights up–“But, you gotta get it!!” And I’m sure a slew of his righteous viewers Googled the video and scrutinized it repeatedly with their zippers down.

4 Likes

Video link for the BBS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK4veQUVrg0

9 Likes

so we’ve found the line the republicans wont (openly) cross? Sex trafficking minors? can we start exposing the surely innumerable republicans apart from gaetz who are up to the same reprehensible garbage then?

6 Likes

With apologies to the late Stefán Stefánsson, Gaetz looks like a less convincing Robbie Rotten (or Glani Glæpur as he should be called) with none of that character’s redeeming qualities.

3 Likes

Robbie’s eyebrows were way less freaky.

7 Likes

“Wow, imagine being the one white man on Earth that Tucker Carlson won’t defend”

17 Likes

Tucker is like - don’t show everyone how my bullshit and your bullshit overlap like a Venn Diagram.

11 Likes

Put him back in.

toast

15 Likes

“Pallid White Male” toast really is the worst toast.

11 Likes

I bet it stays doughy and tastes really bland.

11 Likes

Haven’t watched John Oliver yet but did watch SNL and I really appreciated Colin Jost’s take on it. No video b/c SNL but…

Blockquote
“Here’s the craziest part of this story to me: a sitting congressman is being accused of child trafficking and the QAnon people are suddenly like, ‘Nah, I need more evidence,’” cracked Jost. “That was your whole thing! I mean, come on! Matt Gaetz’s girlfriend, she was allegedly 17, the 17th letter in the alphabet is Q, it all adds up! What are you waiting for? The storm is finally here, and QAnon is like, ‘You can’t believe everything you read on the internet.’”

Source:

11 Likes

Have Matt Gaetz and Gary Glitter ever been photographed in the same room? I mean, it’s entirely possible they’re two different people who just have a similar approach to consent.

Blurred for common decency.

3 Likes

What was Gaetz talking about in that interview? What might Tucker remember about Gaetz’s “lady friend?” What does Tucker know, and how complicit is he?

1 Like

I feel cheated that John Oliver showed footage of Kate McKinnon’s impression of Giuliani instead of the real footage…

Um…

Okay, I’m being told that was actually Giuliani.

No, I rewatched it and that’s definitely Kate McKinnon.

3 Likes
6 Likes