John Stamos offers to play 'Chachi', Scott Baio not amused

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/22/john-stamos-offers-to-play-chachi-scott-baio-not-amused.html

7 Likes

I was trying to look up Baio as a C- or D- or even an F-lister, but I couldn’t find him. Not surprised, but it’s kinda sad.

3 Likes

He’s really become more like his Arrested Development character. Everything he says sounds like Bob Loblaw to me.

6 Likes

I thought Scott Baio had died years ago.

Or was that just his career?

23 Likes

Wherein I repeat myself for a cheap laugh at his expense and relay the fact that in Korean, ‘chachi’ is the informal word for ‘little boy penis.’ Korean grandmothers everywhere giggled at the name of his brief brush with fame, and Joanie’s apparent proclivities.

16 Likes

Baio can always run a competing show on the same night just like Biff does when he’s worried that Biden will get all the attention. Call it “No-One Loves Chachi”.

16 Likes

Scott Baio here to remind us that the GOP is desperate for Hollywood to love them and happily trots out fools to toe their line whenever they can get them. Hell, they even elect them, because nothing says “we’re empty of ideas” than hiring bad actors to portray politicians.

11 Likes

Chachi Arcola is about as relevant as Fonzie’s cousin Spike, Leather Tuscadero*, and Richie’s older brother Chuck.

*I’m strictly referring to the character. The person who played Leather Tuscadero, Suzi Quatro, is a badass.

11 Likes

Chachi was the worst and most irrelevant character ever on that show. Art imitates life.

8 Likes

Read about this a couple of days ago.

Best reply to Baio on Twitter:

16 Likes

Chaci = Scrappy Doo, although the much disliked Scrappy Doo had the good sense to stay out of politics.

10 Likes

I wonder if Joanie still loves him.

3 Likes

File under ‘James Woods’

8 Likes

Erin Moran died from Cancer 3 years ago, and Baio maligned her name; I seriously doubt that anyone “loves” Chachi.

14 Likes

Even while Baio was on Happy Days, Martin Short (on SCTV) commented on Baio’s acting abilities (or lack thereof) by doing an impression of him auditioning for the “Wolfman” role in some upcoming film. He had Baio glaring into the camera, smiling maniacally, tugging at his collar (as if to tear his clothes off), and going, “ruff… ruff… ruff”, as a dog would.

6 Likes

Count Floyd: I’ll tell you one thing, that Scott Baio is no Spencer Tracy.

Woody Tobias, Jr: He’s not even a Dick Tracy.

9 Likes

I wonder if that’s in my SCTV dvd set. :thinking:

4 Likes

Aw shit. I was not aware.

My knee-jerk reaction is to say “Christ what an asshole” but that does not do justice here.

6 Likes

That’s insulting to Scrappy-doo actually…

I’d personally take 100 scrappy doo’s over one chachi.

4 Likes

THANKS!!

Baio at 2:16

6 Likes