Jon Stewart holds Mitch McConnell accountable

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/06/18/jon-stewart-holds-mitch-mcconn.html

6 Likes

No one can hold him accountable because he has no shame.

30 Likes

McConnell is fucking evil. It’s astounding that he keeps being re elected. The only plausible explanation I can think of is republican election fixing, like always. They cheat like hell, then say the democrats are cheating by trying to prevent disenfranchisement.

24 Likes

McConnell has every opportunity to prove Stewart wrong with actions. Trying to outdo Stewart with words is really stupid. McConnell’s approval rating in Kentucky is only 33%. I wish more people would try the if they aren’t working for us, vote them out strategy.

23 Likes

TGOP has a super power, shamelessness.

13 Likes

He is evil and has no shame. He also refuses to do his job in good faith. As to why he keeps getting re-elected, those characteristics turn out to be a big part of it. That’s just how a lot of American Know-Nothing voters define an effective boss or leader (see also Il Douche).

13 Likes

And we have our response

After comedian Jon Stewart raked him over the coals for dragging his feet (once again) on extending the 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell complained Monday morning that Stewart was just looking for some way to be offended.

And the senator added that he didn’t get why he was “all bent out of shape.”

9 Likes

McConnell’s response is classic gas lighting. The old “Why are you so upset?”

27 Likes

“You need to calm down. You look so much prettier when you smile!” :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :

22 Likes

Nothing is going to happen until McConnell is gone.

11 Likes

McConnell is a mercenary paid by the right-wing (pretty much fascist) oligarchs to do the dirty work. (Not only US oligarchs, mind you. Russians too.) Kentucky perpetually re-electing him is frustrating, but he would not be speaker if all the Republican senators didn’t want him in that role. But then again the GOP is not a democratic institution, so the other senators may have little actual choice in this.

6 Likes

Not to hijack the real subject of discussion here, but that opening music riff – It sounds familiar but I cannot remember the name of the song …

I kind of had the impression that there was no one else who could possibly want to tolerate that madhouse.

As per the Youtube comments, it is the Lost Woods theme from TLOZ: Ocarina of Time. Ingenious! (I’d love to hear them play the full version.)

1 Like

“Jon Stewart holds Mitch McConnell accountable”

No, actually Jon Stewart talks about Mitch McConnell. Evidence shows that Mitch feels accountable to no one.

With the possible exception of Satan.

7 Likes

To me it sounded like the song of storms on the first listen, but i do think its actually the lost woods theme.

Which is a serious problem in itself, their failure to see that government is not a business, with bosses. These guys are public servants. We’re the bosses.

4 Likes

I really miss Jon’s nightly humor and comment on The Daily Show.

2 Likes

Trevor Noah does a pretty good job, but he is not JS. He is missed badly. John Oliver is pretty damn good though.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.