Jon Voight has a message for the "black community" and the "angered left" -- racism was "solved long ago by our forefathers"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/09/jon-voight-has-a-message-for-t.html

5 Likes

Having a senior moment, Jon?

31 Likes

46 Likes

Woah WOAH…who let grandpa out of his room? And who the fuck taught him how to make videos and use twitter. WTF PEOPLE.

33 Likes

The holocaust is the real old wounds?

Emmett Till was after the holocaust.

57 Likes

Wait, What? I thought it was about video games being evil this week…

11 Likes

obligatory:

CHRIST WHAT AN ASSHOLE

36 Likes

55 Likes

What an asshole.

43 Likes
5 Likes

Christ, what an everyday white supremacist!

16 Likes

Using his own daughter against him. Nice touch.

17 Likes

Oh, great - another washed-up actor showing his Trump cred. I would say he doesn’t know a damned thing, but that would be redundant.

Nobody give’s a crap what Voight says or thinks - except Trump and his racist Republican (I know, redundant) supporters.

13 Likes

It would be dumb enough for a modern teenager with an overly romanticized notion of the Civil Rights movement to say racism had been ended by their “forefathers,” but Jon Voight was nearly 30 years old when Martin Luther King Jr. was assassinated.

61 Likes

What a coincidence. Michael Richards also had “a message for the black community” that nobody needed.

30 Likes

Oh man, better not let Michael Richards bite you or you’ll become a bigot too.

16 Likes

Jon’s right, the Jewish community has totally gotten over and is in no way angry about the holocaust. Their forefathers solved that.

17 Likes

Well, that’s a relief! Here I was thinking it was still a thing, and becoming more normalized and brutal every day since November 2016. Thank you, Jon, for setting me straight!

9 Likes

9 Likes

Honestly i’m not going to give my reaction to something like this. The statement is willfully ignorant and condescending, i think the stupidity of Voight’s statement speaks for itself.

13 Likes