Jordan Peterson says he has "post-coital regret" about his remarks on Elliot Page's top surgery

(Removed my misgendering rudeness)

Leaving this stuff though:

Pretty sure I could bench press this loser.

On the other hand, he might actually like that a LOT.

1 Like

@jarnsaxa

Misgendering is never appropriate. Don’t do that.

27 Likes

Why is he complaining, didn’t he voluntarily quit twitter like two months ago?

7 Likes

So, at the risk of sounding Disappointed™, why draw attention to it?

Peterson is a known quantity. This isn’t even a new twist on his hateful schtick. It’s the same old clickbait hate-grind. I doubt very much that this is going to get him more earned attention, so there isn’t even a “the story is the story” justification.

Y’all are savvy creatures of internet media. You know that the worst thing that could happen to him is him saying something outrageous and nobody paying attention. Why bother? Why help? It’s just not that satisfying to call him a wanker. We know.

1 Like

Yes, of course you’re right. It would make us no better than him.

5 Likes

I really feel bad for anyone who did a colonoscopy of him.

3 Likes

And who wants to be anything like him?

:grimacing:

11 Likes

Not that I give a happy fuck what a hateful attention seeking asshole like Jordan thinks, but the phrasing he chose to use is gross as fuck.

Elliot Paige is an attractive, successful transman living their best life on their own terms… so maybe Lobster Daddy is just jelly.

24 Likes

JP’s such a lost attention-seeking fascist, poor thing!

5 Likes

Because, once again, you don’t deal with bigotry promoted by people with power in this world by ignoring them. :woman_shrugging:

16 Likes

i think you’re right. success and being healthy are the things that scare fascists the most. every success big and small shows just how wrongheaded the hate is, and how powerful it is to be true to one’s self

i was really glad to see the way umbrella academy incorporated and honored his transition. netflix even went back to the previous seasons and updated the show’s credits. super cool

( now if netflix would stop promoting comedians who attack trans people… that would be great. )

19 Likes

Wait, do you mean jealous, or do you mean some sort of strange gelatinous entity that has only loosely adopted the form and habits of a human being? Because after his comments about human psychology and the whole meat thing, I could see either way, honestly.

15 Likes

I feel some small sympathy for Jordo. He never fully awakened from his drug induced coma. Whatever few neurons he has left are just randomly firing. Somewhere deep down he realizes that he’s just a shell of a human being. Which makes him jealous of men like Elliot - who have so much to live for.

13 Likes

Maybe he’s jelly of Elliot’s ability to make jelly? :thinking:

14 Likes

To complain about people cynically skipping over this sort of remark when they engage him. They do this to create the image of a rational and robust Peterson instead of the weird fragile crank that he actually is.

16 Likes

It’s even grosser because the guy looks slightly greasy at all times :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

My 2c here:

Breast implants and augmentation are an elective upper-body surgery that is essentially uncontroversial.

Breast reduction surgery, without concomitant thinking relating to gender identity, just, like, they’re too big and a health issue, is essentially uncontroversial. Soleil Moon Frye (of Punky Brewster, etc.) had this done.

Mastectomies as remediation for breast cancer are uncontroversial. Even preventative surgery for women who carry a gene mutation that makes developing breast cancer later in life horrifyingly probable, it’s pretty uncontroversial.

A top surgery related to questions of gender identity should be equally uncontroversial.

20 Likes

Even simpler; bodily autonomy should not be controversial.

32 Likes

There might be some extreme problematic cases where society’s interest is different. Thinking along the lines of someone suffering from bulimia or anorexia; they are in the grips of a mental illness, they don’t get to say “hands off. I exercise autonomy over my body by not feeding it” with others in their lives now left with no recourse.

But these are extremes, in almost all things in this domain bodily autonomy should be pretty absolute. Top surgery is certainly not problematic!

1 Like

I don’t want to be privy to anything “coital” regarding Jordan Peterson

6 Likes