Jordan Peterson threatened to sue woman who called his book sexist

O the sweet smell of success, when that beat finally drops!!

8 Likes

By most I could’ve clarified as the majority of pre-2000 psychology, and to call it soft science is quite generous.

Absolutely we should study the brain/consciousness. Modern neuro-psych is incredibly intriguing to me! And we should study the history, too, as long as the context is clear.

1 Like

How not to convince people of anything: suing them.

Well, actually I suppose it’s a very effective way to convince people you’re a huge asshole.

5 Likes

Clean your room is a metaphor for getting yourself in order before you try to tackle issues bigger than you are.

Oh. Well, when you put it that way!

(It’s still simplistic pablum from a guy who’s making millions by tarting up simplistic pablum with pseudo-intellectual flim-flammery.)

18 Likes

Thank you for explaining that; we might not have ever known, otherwise.

Also…

Velcome to Boing Boing, comrade.

14 Likes

His fans definitely need to hear this but somehow it’s always their moms who have to venture down to the basement to gather up their dirty clothes and “used” socks.

Speaking of the poor hygiene of man-children, I just read this rather disturbing article the other day:

Really? WTF?

13 Likes

Soooo, Snowflake JP, who has become a cult hero by railing against political correctness on college campuses and such, can’t stand a little criticism and wants it scrubbed from the internet. Ahhhh, the irony

4 Likes

I was responding to the meme above which seems to be literal rather than metaphorical.

In this case it’s slander and defemation of character.

And just like clockwork here they come.

18 Likes

With Jordaddy’s fanbois it’s both!

12 Likes

I would add, why didn’t you take a moment to find out how the community flagging system here works?

11 Likes

The article dwells on the impact that hit and miss oral hygiene will have on intimate relationships and suggests that should motivate better habits, but damn, I’d have thought the risk of root canals and periodontal surgery would do the trick. I mean, I do everything I can to minimize the amount of time I spend in the chair.

11 Likes

In my experience, no one ever really appreciates how awful that procedure is until they have to go through one personally. I sure didn’t, and now, I know better.

11 Likes

Speaking as someone who used to be a research psychologist (behavioural neuroscience & psychopharmacology, rats and drugs and brains), y’wanna bring a grain of salt to the fMRI studies as well.

15 Likes

Likewise. Then it turned out during the root canal they drilled too far and it got infected, so it had to be extracted. That said, I have decades of bad dental habits to try to overcome. It’s difficult, in spite of knowing too well what I’m in for. Now I know why a squirrel will just sit in the road and watch a car barrel down on him. He surely knows better, but… eh. The curb is just so far away.

12 Likes

Seriously, the the things that he says that make sense are obvious and the parts that aren’t obvious are without sense.

8 Likes

Calling a christian fundamentalist sexist is basically like calling a bear hairy. The whole fundament of Christianity has sexism as an important constituent.

Remember as the man is the head of the house, jesus is the head of the church yadda yadda yadda

14 Likes

Abrahamic religions are hands down one of the biggest forces keeping Patriarchal systems in place today.

14 Likes