Judge blocks Texas from defunding Planned Parenthood

It is truly doublespeak that the “pro-life” movement is trying to defund a program who’s primary objective is healthy babies and healthy moms… It is doubleplusungood.

13 Likes

What isn’t clear to me is whether the so-called “defunding” is pro-active or re-active. In other words, are they trying to renege on payments that are already due, or disqualify PP from receiving future payment (and thus, make PP deny patient treatment upfront)?

1 Like

I am sure TX would love the former but I can’t imagine they will be able to deny payment for services already provided. Contracts would have been signed for PP to become a credentialed provider for TX medicaid.

Of course, there’s probably an arbitration clause that requires any dispute be decided by a panel consisting of a six-week embryo, the archbishop of new york, and the ghost of phyllis schlafly. Hopefully PP read carefully before signing.

7 Likes

And this is the Attorney General of the state of Texas? JFC, man, you brought a case WITHOUT ANY PROOF–how the fuck did you pass the bar exam? And why isn’t your law license being suspended for this kind of bullshit?

Regrettably, you don’t need proof to bring a lawsuit, just the willingness to pay for a lawyer to represent your POV.

3 Likes

Might be wishful thinking right now?

6 Likes

And what has this got to do with the article “Judge blocks Texas from defunding Planned Parenthood”?

Someone might think you were attempting to derail.

5 Likes

Not attempting to derail…

Just thought I would put out a story I came across which didn’t deserve it’s own thread.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.