Judge denies Trump lawyer Michael Cohen's request for temporary restraining order

Damn, and here I thought this was original

1 Like

Hannity has an annual salary of $29 Million. He could afford any lawyer in the world. The only way it even begins to make sense for a guy like Hannity to go to a guy like Cohen would be the extra-legal services.

19 Likes

He’s only been dealing with Trump for a short time.

“Avenatti received a B.A. degree from the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania with a major in political science in 1996. In 1999, he received a J.D. degree from George Washington University Law School in Washington, D.C. where he worked with Professor Jonathan Turley on constitutional issues relating to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA). He graduated Order of the Coif and first in his class.[7“

Really- who would you rather have representing you - Avenatti or Cohen?

11 Likes

This article was written by a man :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

As are most news articles, for most publications and outlets.

6 Likes

Who should henceforth be known as the fashion reporter.

15 Likes

Love the poorly educated.

2 Likes

I’d prefer Avenatti, sure. He’s probably one of those guys who’s just scuzzy on the outside.

5 Likes

http://sadtrombone.com

1 Like

They damn well better not be wearing loafers with a suit!

4 Likes

Indeed, it is disappointing, a real journalist would have said, “Wearing a lilac suit and high heels, Daniels (39) was the main attraction…”

1 Like

This bread shoe deal may go back to the very beginnings of bread!

1 Like

Also from the 1970s, Billy Connolly’s banana boots

4 Likes

No particular attention paid to his shoes but his jacket does get a pasting:

2 Likes

Granted but that was in the context of a fashion/lifestyle writer’s column so it’s not really the same.

[edit for more accurate description of column feature]

Depends on what needs to be done.

Always choose the right tool for the job.

1 Like

I know.

Still, it’s something - I guess? :frowning:

It is pretty crappy that we still fixate on what women are wearing. I mean even Ian Fleming, not exactly the world’s most non-misogynistic author managed to provide more descriptions of what Bond was wearing than we get for most men in the news.

If men in the media got the same scrutiny perhaps we wouldn’t see so many shoddy, ill-fitting suits.

I suppose that would give Cohen a slight advantage over Avenatti.

1 Like