Harry Styles rocks a dress for Vogue, gets attacked by dopes

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/20/harry-styles-rocks-a-dress-for-vogue-gets-attacked-by-dopes.html

14 Likes

Do these people really have nothing better to do?

43 Likes

As a straight cis white male in his late 30s, there is nothing more fun than a big flouncy dress! Friend made me one for Halloween, and there is something really enjoyable with having some poofiness under a dress that it bounces!

29 Likes

To you manly men. Are you shaken, not stirred?
I give you your ideal.
Now get over it.

32 Likes

Harry Styles, indeed any man or woman, can wear whatever the hell they want anywhere, anytime.

& I’m not ‘giving permission.’ I’m just stating the truth.

40 Likes

What I said earlier about this applies to Shapiro’s and Owens’ dupes:

21 Likes

Harry Styles can certainly rock a frock. :+1: I’m down with those frock rockin’ beats.

19 Likes
  1. Real men wear what they want and don’t care what other people think.

2. Take a short skirt, make it plaid or add a wallet chain and a pouch and call it “tactical” and suddenly it’s a MANLY skirt.

3. Musicians and other artists have a long history of dressing provocatively and eccentricity to garner attention. It is MARKETING. You whiners are just boosting the signal.

4. Didn’t he date Taylor Swift? Sounds like he’s doing ok in the “man” department.

5. The Shapiro/Styles side by side image above is hilarious.

33 Likes

Conservatives now exist to find convoluted ways to prop up their beliefs. Part of this means outright and easily disprovable lies, and part of this is taking exaggerated offense at anything outside a rigid and cliched ideal based on some varnished vision of 1950’s American suburbia from reruns of “Leave It To Beaver.”

13 Likes

You ain’t kidding:

This part is great:

15 Likes

End of civilization as we knows it! next thing you’ll have is the womens wearing pants!
(now where’s me eMerkin? i need to send a fax)

13 Likes

I hope you’re not implying that Sean Connery didn’t know how to rock a skirt.

28 Likes

Bold fashion choices involve courage.
Courage is certainly not an exclusively male trait, then or now, but it is a trait that was (and is) lauded as a positive masculine one.
Ergo, a floofy dress is a brave masculine choice.

33 Likes

Candace Owens, insisting that the “East” resists the “feminization of men”, has obviously never heard of “herbivore men” or “little fresh meats”.

Then again she also confused nationalism and isolationism and declared that Hitler, who wanted to make Germany an imperial superpower, was not a nationalist but a “globalist”.

12 Likes

What are the odds Ben Shapiro enjoys listening to David Bowie?

10 Likes

That referendum: masculinity does not have to be toxic.
Here’s hoping it continues to gain support

16 Likes
27 Likes

#5 had me laughing like a drain.

It took me a while to work out that the lefty youtube channels I watch weren’t messing with Shapiro’s voice (speeding it up and raising the pitch to Alvin & the Chipmunks’ levels); he actually seems to sound like that.

@Brainspore Not just a skirt, but ballet pumps too.

9 Likes

These are the same MAGA folks who unironically blare “Macho Man” at rallies.

30 Likes

I suspect she’s not thinking that far east. At a guess I’d say it’s yet another part of trying to scare white supremacists with “The Muslims are going to take your wimmin, cus you’re not a real man”.

11 Likes